Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Gypsi's bee story - in one place

I did attempt it last fall, when Goldenrod was blooming. I staged feeding stations and watched them leave for a couple of miles. They are in a cemetery - OR on the other side of it, in fairly human-dense private property in Fort Worth - someone's attic, a high utility box? Either way, since I don't want to get shot for trespassing while FINDING the place, I abandoned them to winter. But I do believe they are alive, the one I saw this afternoon in my yard headed northwest (the direction they went.)

If my visitor today is any clue, they'll be coming to visit me. I am flower central. First blooms are usually my snowdrops, but I think I'll have to dig them out of the bermuda grass overgrowth, that bed was invaded last summer.

Gypsi
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

i think it would be a challenge and great fun to track down bees like that. too bad they're not accessible.

There are parts of Fort Worth where you lock your truck, and etc., and I just am not going bee-hunting there. They will find me.

If I get some free time I might go take a walk in the cemetery on a warm day, but when I was looking, cold weather was just starting to come in, and I'd have killed them if I moved them anyway, given that I could get to them.
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.