Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Gypsi's bee story - in one place

I did attempt it last fall, when Goldenrod was blooming. I staged feeding stations and watched them leave for a couple of miles. They are in a cemetery - OR on the other side of it, in fairly human-dense private property in Fort Worth - someone's attic, a high utility box? Either way, since I don't want to get shot for trespassing while FINDING the place, I abandoned them to winter. But I do believe they are alive, the one I saw this afternoon in my yard headed northwest (the direction they went.)

If my visitor today is any clue, they'll be coming to visit me. I am flower central. First blooms are usually my snowdrops, but I think I'll have to dig them out of the bermuda grass overgrowth, that bed was invaded last summer.

Gypsi
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

i think it would be a challenge and great fun to track down bees like that. too bad they're not accessible.

There are parts of Fort Worth where you lock your truck, and etc., and I just am not going bee-hunting there. They will find me.

If I get some free time I might go take a walk in the cemetery on a warm day, but when I was looking, cold weather was just starting to come in, and I'd have killed them if I moved them anyway, given that I could get to them.
    Stuck in Texas. Learning Permaculture in drought, flood and strange weather. The bees are still alive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12