Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Avoid Cheeseman and BeeBabys.com

I ordered 3 unassembled medium nuc kits on March 1, 2012. They arrived on March 21, 2012. My understanding during this time was that his product was in high demand and that he was running about 2 weeks behind due to a very large order (2000 hive bodies).

What I didn't expect was to have the bottom boards and migratory covers assembled.
    Nick Hubbell
    www.findlaybee.com

Stavros,
    I have ordered from some of the bigger bee suppliers and had to wait a month, especially in February, and have had items back ordered from some of them for almost 2 months as well. I don't see a problem with waiting a month when ordering in Febuary which seems to be the busiest month for all of them. Have, you given Justin a chance to rectify the issue, just PM him I know he will take care of you but you have to give him the chance first.
    Think about it....Buy American

I have ordered a couple times with Justin, spoke to his Dad and met his Mom when she delivered hives to me. The hives are excellent - a superior product. Made well, tight joints and overall the best supers, best woodenware I have purchased. He is a young man overwhelmed with our orders and trying to do the right thing AND have a life outside of making all of us happy. He is a good guy.

Sure he has some to learn about business as he grows. HOWEVER, I am sure he does not have giant warehouses - or the financial reserves to store thousands of pieces of supers, top and bottom boards, inner covers, nucs. I worry that the negative comments here, e-mails and phone messages that may or may not have been rude might discourage him to the point that he gives up and we lose a great vendor of well made products at a good price.

I don't see anyone here trying to impugn his character and I don't see any posts that are rude. The very purpose of this forum is to provide feedback on retailers.

As to my own posts, my only complaint was the lack of communication which is detailed clearly. I even went so far as to describe the good quality of the woodwork. My order is supposedly on it's way now and I plan to update this thread when the issue is rectified.
    Last edited by honeyman46408; 03-29-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: UNQ

I just received my 20 Deeps today and they look to be very good quality and a good fit. It took a little longer than I expected, and I would like to see automatic notifications of shipping and tracking. After reading this thread and the 2000 box order, I can understand the delay. I am happy with the the product and I look forward to doing business with him again.

Received the part of my order that I needed to get started with my bees yesterday, they were of good quality and well built

I've now received my full order and thought I would post an update and final impression. My replacement parts were shipped to cover the damaged in transit pieces and arrived last Saturday. Unfortunately the replacement end pieces were for a nuc and not a medium, but in looking over my email to justin I can see how there could have been some confusion so I'll take the blame over that.

I assembled all the boxes the other night and my impression is mixed. Wood is nice and straight, there were some large knots in the wood but they are are tight, and the joints were a bit loose and some had some light showing through them after assembly. Another application of glue and paint should remedy this. The boxes were predrilled which made assembly very nice. My main complaint would be the joint quality and fit but it's not terrible. In comparison my mann-lake commercial boxes had a much tighter joint fit.

Overall the Mann-Lake commercial boxes (my primary basis for comparison) are nicer quality in regard to the joint fit but at a higher price (even after factoring in their free shipping). So if you are looking for quality above all else I'd suggest ordering someone else's 'select' or 'commerical' boxes. However justin's boxes are a great buy for the dollar spent. Frankly, I can't see how Justin is making any money on them after shipping (especially after shipping replacement pieces to me). I'd be shocked if he made money on my order.

If you have the time to wait and the aforementioned problems are not a concern for you I think he is a safe bet. In summary:

Quality : B
    Communication: C*
    Price: A

* I'd bet that if one were to order in the off season that communication would be much better. My order was placed 2/2/12 and it sounds like he was buried with a larger order. Not an excuse from my perspective but I thought it should be noted.

Its been a month during the busy season and not a peep . No complaints ? I thought i saw Justin say ...if its not out by this day i'll send refunds . Ok..how many took him up on this offer ? I'm sure that if someone asked for one and didn't get it in a timely fashion they would have posted . I've sure seen a lot of those posts..ie long lane . Kincade ..a couple points about your grading ..quality ,,WB {way better than i can make} Commo ...Where have i seen that come up before ? In this topic a C is under par , price is a A ..i cant buy the wood cheap enough to justify the labor . Disclaimer ,,, only met him once on a run for brood on the side of I75 . I left with a smile and a wife impressed. On a side note i found a marked queen in with the brood. That bee is doing well . . Its in the top 5 , but a different grading scale .

I am still waiting for the rest of my order, has been a month now sent he sent the first part of it to get me off the ground for the year. Still owes me more then half of the original order. Have messaged him 3 times now over the last two weeks with no response. His voice mail is still full so you can't leave a message and I have tried calling multiple times on different days and different times of day and no one ever answers. His website looks like it is back up and open, but buyer beware at this point as he is not responding to any of my attempts to communicate. I ended up having to go buy through another source for additional boxes for my hives this year, but am still owed the ones I ordered through him. Original order was placed in February.

The BeeBabys website now has the following posted:

"Bee Baby's is now under new ownership. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me."

Does anyone know the details of the new ownership?

Well, I placed a small order two days ago as a test. Three nucs and some mediums just to see the quality. Will wait to see what happens.
    Trying very hard not to kill the bees faster than they can reproduce.

OK,while we wait for this to settle down,where is the next best place to order boxes as far as price for reasonable quality is concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by gone2seed View Post
    OK,while we wait for this to settle down,where is the next best place to order boxes as far as price for reasonable quality is concerned?

That would probably be a question best-asked in the general bee forum.
    So many weeds.......so little time.

Default Anyone still dealing with Beebabys?

I placed a order for a complete hive long ago and have yet to here anything. They were slow on my lasy order but, the quality was great and with free shipping all in all a really good deal. Justin said they were backed up on orders,this is understandable. Since then he is now taking new orders on the website. I like buying from the little guy but, my bees will arrive on Monday and no hive to place them in! This is for sure all my fault never place your eggs in one basket. Money is hard where we live and buying more than needed simply is no longer acceptable. My orders are small but, should anyone be treated differently because of the size of a order?

Default Re: Anyone still dealing with Beebabys?

I have dealt with them, and I found them a bit slow also. However, the prices and free shipping were a big plus. Also , the quality was great....I will be buying again despite the slowdown caused by the Spring rush.

I had a similar experience. Id call them or order elsewhere asap. From their website:

Bee Baby's is now under new ownership. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me

Recieved a email from the new owner. promised to take care of me asap. I think this was a honest reply and will let everyone know how this all works out. Picked up a hive from a local supplier so as not to have bees and no place to put them.

How did you get in contact with the new owner? I am at the point of threatening legal proceedings with this company as it has now been over three months without completion of my order and almost a month with no contact from them despite all avenues of trying to communicate with them. I have legal counsel available to me through my day job who is willing to assist me with this pro bono, but am trying to give them one more chance. I really hate to do this towards any company, especially one in a world as small as ours, but there is only so much good will, forgiveness, and understanding you can give before being ready to pursue these options.

The new owner promised good service and also to take care of all the backorders
    justin promised and recieved payment on. I got him on the address posted on the updated website. Off the top of my head it was randy@beebabys.com. The person you need to contact is Randy Shoup. I have been getting regular email since he has taken over. The quality is great plus free shipping but,how long are you willing to wait on even a very small order? $105 bucks is a consideral amount with the problems we all have.I hope we all get better service with the new guy? Like to help the small business people out. I'm almost ready to give it up and go with Kelly's or Dadant as the do get me my products and do it professionally.

Hello to all, MY name is Randy and I am the new owner of BeeBaby's. I have been in contact with some of you about your orders that some are having issues with. It is my intention to complete your orders that were taken and paid for by BeeBaby's before I bought it. I want to thank the ones I have spoke to for having patients with me as the new owner. I can be reached at; randy@beebabys.com or at 419-520-5591. I was hoping to be all caught up and shipped by tomorrow, but I received 3 more orders last night and today that were not filled totally. I am working very hard to set things straight with everyone, but I maybe looking at finishing everything by this weekend. I wanted to let everyone know that they will be taken care of. Thank you to who ever suggested I come on here to let everyone know.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast