Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Has anyone ordered from beebaby's?

I just ordered my Nucs from beebaby's,, I had the pleasure to meet Justine late last year.

I ordered from justin and am very pleased with the boxes, they are some of the nicer boxes that I have purchased! I would recommend him to anyone looking to buy woodenware.
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

I seem to be having a different experience with Justin. I ordered 6 mediums and a nuc about 2 months ago. The order showed up about 2 weeks later in a cardboard box without any packing to protect the boxes. I had a few ears that were broken on the boxes and the nuc lid was cracked and broken.

In any case I emailed justin and he said he'd send out replacements. That was about a month ago. Since then I've emailed again several times with no response and tried to call several times only to find the voicemail full.

To be fair it sounds like he's very busy and can't keep up. And the woodenware that wasn't damaged is very nice and his prices can't be beat. But it's a bummer that I will be building in the next week and will have to purchase another few mediums and a nuc lid to replace the damaged ones.

I placed an order a month ago and was billed to my credit card, I received a confirmation email. I have not seen my order or heard from them since. I have called 5-6 times at various times over the last two weeks and always get sent to a voicemail box that is full. I have also emailed twice starting two weeks ago with no response. I really am just looking for a shipping time estimate so I can plan for this season but because I haven't heard from anyone and have no reliable way to contact I'm wondering if I should contact my credit card company at this time. I know he is probably busy, but at least a two second email to tell me what is up would be nice. I'm really worried about this order and am considering placing with someone else so I can have my equipment in time for the season.

Yes, justin is slower to ship items, but his prices can't be beat. It took over a month to get my order, but I can understand that, he's a busy guy that didn't expect to grow as fast as he has. Be patient, and I am sure he will make things right
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

I'm still crossing my fingers that it will come through and have a local supplier I can get wood from if I need it, just get more and more nervous the closer I get to my bees delivery dates. I agree the prices are great and if it pulls through I will be ecstatic. Thanks for the support

I have every sympathy for being busy and his work is good. But a month without any communication is not good business to say the least. His phone goes unanswered, voicemail is full, and he has stopped returning email.

The simple fact is that I paid a good price for a product, it arrived damaged and now I will likely have to purchase a replacement from someone else. That makes his good pricing much closer to a high price after I figure in the replacement cost of boxes and a nuc lid. Buyer beware.

Send him a PM on the forums. He does respond.

He is right here on beesource.com.
    Last edited by FindlayBee; 03-22-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added the name of the forums.
    Nick Hubbell
    www.findlaybee.com

What forums? Here? Do you have a screenname or link?

Default Re: Cheesman and BeeBabys.com

Cheezer32 is his screen name
    Think about it....Buy American

Based upon initial feedback I ordered boxes from him back in January. Shipment was quick and quality was great. Very happy with his product and service. I recently attempted to contact him to inquire about getting more, slightly custom boxes, and could not get a reply. Two emails unanswered, so I gotta suspect that he's max'd out. I hope he pulls through in good standing and we can do business with him in the future.

I PM'd him here. I will post if I receive a response.

I am behind yes, I know everyone is getting bees soon. All the orders not shipped Monday will be immediately given a refund so you can purchase elsewhere.

Thanks

In some ways I'm glad cheezer32 is behind on his orders, it shows just how much in demand his products are. I hope he can catch up and continue producing such excellent equipment at nice prices. I am hoping to be able to place a larger order with him, sometime in the future. I appreciate his product and prices enough that I'd certainly wait, if necessary, to get them.

I have a similar situation with my Nucs and queens, and am continuously working to increase my own production capacity - so I have a basic idea about how rewarding and frustrating it can be to work in the beekeeping industry. Hang in there, beekeeping needs dedicated people like you.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

I just received my second order.This one was for 8 frame deeps.Quality and service on both orders was excellent.I can't build them for what he sells them for.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Clemens View Post
    Hang in there, beekeeping needs dedicated people like you.

Thanks for the reply and pm justin. I appreciate the communication.

FWIW, I just bought 50 migratory covers and bottom boards from Justin and I know he was up till 4am finishing my order. Seems like an honest hard working young man to me. Good quality, and good prices. I'm happy I went with him.

Default Avoid Cheeseman and BeeBabys.com

I had a negative experience with BeeBabys that I would like to report. I placed an order in mid February, which I finally received a month later after 4 emails, 3 phone messages and very little response from beebabys. What arrived less than I ordered: I had asked for assembled painted hives, and I got assembled unpainted hives. Their customer service is terrible, their website seems down now (was up a few weeks ago) and altogether they appear untrustworthy. I will never use them again.
    Stavros

Default Re: Avoid Cheeseman and BeeBabys.com

website itself is working fine, but the web store is closed. Its a mix up with paint. I see freaking out if its the wrong size box or half of what you ordered, but paint? Justin is a small one man operation, and if you need equiptment yesterday, order from one of the guys who has many employees. This post is now the third result on google search. Don't have to call him out to the whole world over a back order and painting mix up.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast