Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Cheesman and BeeBabys.com

For a very long time I've designed and built most of my own bee equipment, especially bottom boards, supers and covers, but only a few frames. Recently I considered how much it was costing me for lumber and then the time and effort to turn lumber into equipment. I saw a posting about Mr. Cheesman and his BeeBabys.com website in Manchester, Ohio. Their prices for ready to assemble supers was very attractive, as well as their offer of free shipping on every order.

So my wife Diane and I made some inquiries:
    We wanted to know if they could make a few customizations to our order, in particular we wanted our 8-frame supers to be cut 14 inches wide (creating 12-1/2" inside width), and without any handholds (we prefer our own end cleats). They readily agreed to our specs, and without any additional cost to us.

Then we heard that they were considering changing their prices and shipping policy, beginning in 2012. So we searched our budget and managed to place an order for six supers (enough, I thought, to get a good idea of their product quality). They arrived by FedEx in about three days. Most impressive - they were cut, with our custom requirements, exactly as requested (no problems trying to straighten out order shortcomings).

The end boards were nearly "select" quality, and the side pieces, even though some of them had a few tight knots (I pre-coat all knots with TiteBond III, inside and out), were straight and true. All box joints fit together very snugly (I assemble using bar clamps, with TiteBond III and coated deck screws). The box joint fingers were each drilled with pilot holes for fasteners - very precisely positioned, each and every one.

After checking the updated BeeBabys.com, the prices are a little more than they were, pre-2012, but they still seem quite attractive, especially since I have an idea as to the quality of their product. I am hoping my revised budget will permit taking advantage of one of the volume price breaks, when I am able to place my next order.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 01-02-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Default Re: Cheesman and BeeBabys.com

I placed an order w/ BeeBabys in NOV 2011 (5 screened bb's and 5 IC's). Top notch work, great service, great shipping time. So, I'll have to give a hearty amen to your review. -james

I also have good comments for Justin. He made a bunch of boxes, frames and tops for me. I was able to pick them up this fall. The order was ready exactly as I ordered. The quailty is excellent! Justin and his dad helped me get it loaded and secured for the long ride home. I will be ordering again from them.

Ordered 10 boxes last week and received today via Fedex and they are as good premium from anywhere else. Don't know how he does it so economical and free shipping.

So, a couple weeks ago I was heading up to justins to get my stuff. I get out of town, and I give him a call to tell him we were en route. Well something happened that I wasn't able to pick it up. I was mad, miscomunitcation of somesort, stuff happens. He said he would bring the stuff down whenever. I got a day off work today, and he said he could come down today last week. I wasn't hearing from him, and sat around waiting. Then some folks I didn't know pulled up in a van, I asnwered the door, and after a short conversation I figured out it was justin's mom. They brought my stuff, and it all looks good at usual. His folks wanted to go shopping here in town, so it all worked out. I now have nice stacks of equiptment sitting in my back room. Justin didn't have to make it right and could of just had me come and get it.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I bought some unassembled nucs from Justin. Excellent quality! Great price.

Dave.

I bought some deeps and mediums from Beebabys.com. Great price and quality. I usually make my own but at this price and quality, I may give my table saw a break. They are running about 4 weeks behind. I ordered mid January and just received him. I understand that they are swamped right now and I was in no hurry. Communication with them via email was good too.

Thumbs Up Re: Cheesman and BeeBabys.com

Emailed Justin that I had a load of honey to drop off around his area and wanted to know if he could have 200 deeps ready. Email Sunday and pickup on Tuesday. Really nice boxes and a great price and in the time that I needed them. The grade of the boxes were the best I've bought over the past 30 years. Place 2000+ medium box order with him.

Justin if you ever need a dealer in NW Ohio, I'll deal.

Thanks,

Ron

Default Has anyone ordered from beebaby's?

A week ago I placed an order from Beebaby's: http://stores.beebabys.com. In the last few days I called them and email them about its status with no response. Has anyone ordered from them? They seem to offer free shipping, but somehow the lack of communication surprises me. Are they a real company, or is something fishy going on with them?
    Thanks a lot,
    Stavros

Default Re: Has anyone ordered from beebaby's?

Yes I got 6 supers off of him earlier this year. Had no problems, fast delivery and good boxes.

Nothing fishy about Beebabys or Cheezer might want to check consumer reports for solid feedback.
    Think about it....Buy American

I ordered two hives from Justin and had excellent service from him.

Hey Starvo ...Ive had great dealings with Justin ...and if you would go threw the consumer report section of this site you can get a idea of what we think about him and his products . I just looked and it was listed 4th , http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...d-BeeBabys.com

I bought unassembled nuc boxes from them.

Great quality, great price. Very pleased.

Thank you for reassuring me. This forum is a great place to get feedback. I am looking forward to my 2 new hive equipment for this spring.
    Stavros

don't worry, justin is good people. He is just in the shop working away. I been getting all my new stuff from him since I started. Good stuff for great price.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I have received two orders from them with a third pending. The first order was back in January and it took about a week for delivery. The second was placed around the first of February and it took 2 weeks for delivery. As the season draws closer and with the positive feedback he has received on this forum, I figure he has became inundated with orders. Great product, price, plus free shipping. He has earned my future business.

Anyone know what kind of pine he uses for boxes? He is actually not far off western bee prices for me, but I like that ponderosa pine they use. All things equal I would give a small guy the business.

I just built some deeps that I got from them and I am happy with the quality. It is as good as any of the others I have bought. They shipped it quick. I have been recommending BeeBabys. I think it will work out for you. Monday was a holiday for many places maybe it had an effect on something.

Thumbs Up Re: Has anyone ordered from beebaby's?

He is working on my 2000+ box order this week for me, and I'm pushing him hard to see if he can do them in a week. 2000+ boxes I just don't see him coming out of the shop much this week. I would have to say the deep boxes I just bought are the best I've ever bought and at a great price too. Just wanted to get him to make all my boxes now before he gets to busy, and can't.
    Hopeing to put a bigger order in this fall.
    So sorry to all those that can't get ahold of him this week.

Ron