Default Site updates, not wanted

I read this site by using the What's new link. I usually have about 2 and a half pages of topics but do not have the time to set and read every thread on the list in one setting. The problem is if I am away from the computer for to long the list is updated automatically. I then loose everything but the last dozen posts or so.
    I don't know if it is this site that is doing the updating or my browser, But does anyone know how to shut it off? I do not like my computer thinking for me in any way and I really don't appreciate it loosing information for me cause it thinks it knows better than I do. It will not always be true that I will want to read every single thread. But for now as I am just learning, I never know where the next nugget of information will pop up.

I appreciate any suggestions anyone has on how to stop the site from being updated without my consent.

Default Re: Site updates, not wanted

When you login, have you clicked on the "Remember Me?" option? I'm guessing not. You should.
    Regards, Barry

Barry, The site does remember me. The update happens right in the middle of me begin on the site. I will take your response as an indication that the problem is with my browser and not the site. I have other sources that might be able to direct me for that. Hope I can figure it out cause I am missing a lot of posts and don't like it.

I'm with Daniel on this. I, too, follow the threads using the list on the home page. But, if I am away too long I will miss some of the info.

Also, some time back a change occurred that causes me to have to sign back in every time I do something different (eg: type this post in response to the thread). Used to, I could sign in to the site and stay signed in until I sign out. Really annoying having to sign in several times in a row.

-james

James -

That's because you haven't enabled "Remember Me".

http://www.beesource.com/forums/faq....aq_vb3_cookies

Regarding the What's New link you're both having issues with, there is a time limit to how long the software will track posts for you. You must be going over this limit.

http://www.beesource.com/forums/faq...._vb3_new_posts
    Regards, Barry

It's easy to hit "New Posts" from the menu bar...that's what I usually do. No biggie. Am I missing something here? I've found that the "What's New" type of lists normally are more of a marquee type of list that self-renews...more for the *very* latest posts. To get the full list of new posts that I haven't read the "New Posts" selection seems to work well for me.

Ed

Thank you Ed, That might solve my problem.

My solution is to read early, read often.

And when my wife asks (as she watches Project Runway and Top Chef), "What's new on your bee-mail?" I'm usually prone to reply, "Pretty much the same stuff."

But I keep on coming back.

Grant
    Jackson, MO
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

When I get on, I open every page of the new posts (not the posts themselves). Then I can open and read the individual posts at my leisure and it doesn't lose them. If I don't, as you say, when I try to go to page two or three etc. they won't be there if I take too long.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF