Hybrid View

Default Charles and Archie Lyon

My dad Charles would have been 90 today. Hope a few folks out there enjoy seeing a few vintage beekeeping pictures. http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/r...0bee%20photos/
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Default Re: Charles and Archie Lyon

Nice! I really like the uncapping picture. I noticed a South Texas pic along with the S.D. pic. Did he offer pollination services back then working south then north?

Glad you liked them, no pollination they would make up nucs during the citrus bloom down in the Rio Grande Valley and haul them up to South Dakota for honey production. Clay Eppley was a wonderful gentleman and excellent beekeeper in South Texas at the time, he was also a very close friend of Walter T Kelley who he loved to tell stories about.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Love seeing old beekeeping pictures like that Jim, thanks for sharing!
    Gregg Stewart

would anyone believe i'm using that extractor? nice pictures, i like the truck.

That was a 45 frame Woodman extractor that they converted to a cappings spinner. It was pretty easy, the basket is already perforated so all you had to do was make a bottom out of plywood or masonite and replace the lid with a piece of plywood and a cutout to uncap into. Occasionally through the years an uncapping knife would fall in there, dont ask me how I know.
    Last edited by jim lyon; 12-20-2011 at 05:36 AM.