Default Any recommendations for wine/mead making kits?

My wife and I would like to try making mead/wine this year. Any recommendations on a good wine/mead making kit?
    Thanks.
    Dave

Default Re: Any recommendations for wine/mead making kits?

Go to gotmead.com and read the how to. Good thorough tutorial. I have heard of wine kits but I don't know that there are mead kits.

There's really little difference between a wine kit, a beer kit or a mead kit from an equipment standpoint. See the Intro for an equipment list. If you're talking ingredients, there are skillions out there: check Williams Brewing, Northern Brewer, etc. Even better, check out your local homebrew shop where you can get fresh ingredients, good advice, and someone to answer all those panicked questions!
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Thebeefolks.com has some ingredient kits that contain the fruits and spices for mead. They're also beekeepers themselves.
    They also sell several different varieties of honey.

I have not seen any mead making kits. There are a lot of wine kits. A homebrew shop nearest you is worth walking through. In general I think that the higher price makes a better quality wine (if you are a wine snob). The lower priced wine kits are fortified wine coolers... We like anything other than those. Mail order I have dealt with EC Krauss and Williams brewing, I think ECK offers free shipping to me. You will likely have some equipment needs that a shop can help you out with. I would just get a kit for a wine you like.

5gallon carboy, airlock, ec-118 yeast, honey.
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!