Default rectangle swarm catcher

I had a rec. swarm catcher years ago, that had 2 small like 1/4" pieces of wood that would set in a molded out area at both ends of the trap to rest frames on. that trap was made out of same material the round ones are, only was easier to take out swarms as they were already on frames. I checked all the bee supply places and cannot find these does anyone know where they may be sold at ? Even though the round ones work, i don't really like them.

Default Re: rectangle swarm catcher

From what I understand they are discontinued. I think there's another thread currently going on about them.

Ed

You may just want to convert an 8 frame deep. See
    Find out about my Swarm Trapping book at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekee...-to-swarm-trap

it appears that the manufactures DO NOT pay attention 2 the bee keepers ....i still have one of the rectangle traps .."best one i ever used".....So the manufactures stopped making them in favor of the old flower pot type......WHY?????
    Do more for others than they do for you. That way you owe no one anything other than respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ldh1006 View Post
    it appears that the manufactures DO NOT pay attention 2 the bee keepers ....i still have one of the rectangle traps .."best one i ever used".....So the manufactures stopped making them in favor of the old flower pot type......WHY?????
    The manufacturer is targeting pest control, not beekeepers. So it is a marketing focus problem.
    Find out about my Swarm Trapping book at http://learningbeekeeping.com/beekee...-to-swarm-trap