Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: My Sideline Small Cell Business Plan

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Parker View Post
    Let's explore this as a possible solution to Mr. Semple's so-called disease issue that Roland keeps bringing up. It seems like a valid discussion to me. Can it be done? Will it work? Does he have anything to worry about from the predicted epidemic?
    What's the old fighter saying, "Everybody's got a plan till they get hit in the jaw."

I believe spreading deseases is a very vallid point Roland is making and one as a sideliner I have had no experiance dealing with yet and will have to come up with a better strategy for. Glad for any and all input.

Thanks for your ideas.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Almondralf View Post
    So Don, if I get those numbers right you charged an average of $788.- for a removal this year ? (13400/17).
    I do a lot of high and tough removals and my price a lot of times include repairs which I also do.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/j...1/Bees%202012/

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
    A man should want to have lots to do in retirement. Those who retire into a rocking chair die about 6 months later.

DarJones

Very true!

Stevebeeman wrote:

As a side note regarding post 28, regarding CCD I too would like to know about how it spreads. We keep up on the latest research, but haven't heard that anyone knows how it spreads. Sounds like a new topic for you to start Roland.

With apologies to the OP for deviating from the core of the thread:

There are many ways we believe it is spread, mostly by removing a super from one hive and placing it after extraction on another. Of course, direct frame exchange is even faster, you cut out the delay of extracting or winter storage.

I applaud your woodworking skills, but when the bad starts to spread, you will have a hard time containing it, and without a decontamination chamber, your best move is to start with all new bees and all new equipment. That is quite expensive. We run old equipment and new equipment, different yards, they do not mix.

Crazy Roland

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123