Thread: Wax pans

Default Wax pans

was just wondering if anyone happen to know of somebody that has any of these laying around or happen to know where i can buy them?? if not, what is everyone else using for wax molds? i believe they are no longer in production. the ones we use now are about as old as i am and have seen better days. these tubs here make 40 lb blocks.

DSCF7572.JPG
    Greg Stahlman; Stahlman Apiaries Inc.

Default Re: Wax pans

Are they plastic?
    I can not tell from the picture for sure.

Mann Lake shows them in their catalog for $30
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Sioux Honey has the same ones that you have ,thats what I use and they do lasts for years.

Most beeks we know use plastic dish pans, picked up for under $10, sometimes under $5 if you can find a bunch at a dollar store. They last well, and if you are careful with the shape, demold easily.
    Sheri

I use the plastic dish pans. The blocks are about 15-20 lbs, a good size for me to handle

Rubbermaid makes them. Cheapest place I have found is webstaurant.com. I use them for patties too.

We have a restaurant supply store called Cash and Carry and also Smart and Final and pick up the grey plastic bus tubs. These are the tubs used when they clean of your table at restaurant. They hold up well and will hold 40 pounds.

greg check Sams club i bought some that look just like that a few months ago i wana say they were 15$ or maybe that was for two.

Greg, Go to your local Home depot store or Lowes. They have concrete mixing tubs. It is a black slick finish plastic. They hold around 45-50 pounds wax. Makes a nice rectangular cake. They pop out very easy. Cost is around 3.75 cents apeice. You can get three seasons out of them if you take care of them. We mold about 60 cakes a year. TED
    ALABAMA BEE COMPANY-A member of the Sioux Honey association -*Sweetening a golden tommorrow*