Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

How much are you all gettting for your honey?????? In Drums

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  Michael Palmer 
#1 ·
trying to figure out what you other folks in the midwest are getting for light honey. talking about loads of honey and what is being paid per LB.

thanks and lets here it.

#5 ·
$2.00 FOB our dock drum exchange. In small lots I must add 10 drum & under. The smaller mom & pop packers have no problems paying $2 bucks and passing the price on for a quality product that really sells it's self.
Grandpaw always taught me that it's real tough to sell out of an empty cart.
One beek called and told me that 2 bucks is a lot of money but then he complained and after thinking about it, not really he explained when he retails his for over $4 bucks and runs out.
Trust me there is no quality white honey to speak of to be found in the midwest. And I base this on what other beeks are telling us.

#9 ·
You did well beeware that's pretty much where the market has been since mid summer. I think you could probably get another .05 now for white though ela is still in the 1.55 range, these are major packer offerings. Smaller packers usually a bit higher, you just have to make your own call on who you are comfortable doing business with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.