Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me?

Default Is it just me?

The last couple of days I noticed I must sign in every time I visit the site...it was never like that before. Other forum sites I belong to I stay signed in...any help?

Default Re: Is it just me?

No, it's everyone. Did some resetting of cookies which requires everyone to login again.
    Regards, Barry

Cookies settings maybe? Mine isn't doing that.
    If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    Abraham Maslow

I just type in the first letter of my user name and then click on the drop down. Click your cursor on the password box and it automatically populates that field
    Tim
    "Amateurs built the Ark; Professionals built the "Titanic".

"Cookies"? I didn't see any "Cookies". Cookie Monster loves "Cookies".
    "Most of my exercise comes from wrestling with pigs and beating dead horses."
    Mark Berninghausen

For the past few days I didn't even have the option to log in. No matter how I tried it, the site didn't come up at all. Tried using the browser on my cell phone...same thing. I nearly didn't bother this morning....figured I'd just write it off.... but went ahead and up it comes.
    Whatever the problem....it was more than cookies.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Something odd is afoot. I am unable to connect with 2 different devices while on wifi but they both connect just fine when switching off the wifi and using a cell phone data plan. No problems using other sites with wifi.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    they both connect just fine when switching off the wifi and using a cell phone data plan. No problems using other sites with wifi.
    I didn't think to try that. Two different devices here, desktop and cell phone...one hardwired into the DSL and the other using home wifi...and neither would connect. All my other morning coffee sites were fine. Deleted my browsing history including cookies, ran a full system virus scan...nada. Then tried the phone's browser. No joy. I nearly removed Beesource from my 'favorites' bar, thinking that it was a lost cause. Then this am....everything is back to normal. Ya just never know.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

I thought it was my computer and was ready to call my IT buddy. Glad for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    Then this am....everything is back to normal. Ya just never know.
    Not me. Just tried it again with wifi and still nothing. Maybe it's a Verizon plot to sell more data.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I don't know what to tell you guys. All I did was give the cookie setting a different prefix. That means your old cookie won't work anymore and everyone will have to manually login again to set the new cookie. I've done this before in the past. I don't know why there are other problems this time around. Any PC gurus here? Neil said he can login, but then all links to other pages within the forum don't work, so he can't post.

I'm starting to get timing out errors as well. Looks like I've milked the virtual dedicated server as far as it will go. Time for a true dedicated server.
    Regards, Barry

Perhaps the two events aren't related but I'm thinking the problems began right after having to login. Not a big deal to me, at least now I know the "cure".

Standard advice for similar situations is to 'clear the cache'. How to do that varies, but here is the Chrome page on that: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en

I'm not saying that will work, but its worth trying. For those not using Chrome, try a Google search using "clear cache" + your device/system name, as in 'clear cache android' etc.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Perhaps the two events aren't related but I'm thinking the problems began right after having to login.
    My thinking too.
    Yep...Barry....a dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth never hurt anything....except the owner's pocketbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    Standard advice for similar situations is to 'clear the cache'.
    I'm using Explorer and did that....but no joy. Also, the browser on my cellphone is Silk and frankly it gets used so little there wasn't even a browsing history for Beesource. .....nope......it's all Barry's fault.

>> ..it's all Barry's fault.

Most things are!
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    My thinking too.
    Yep...Barry....a dedicated server with unlimited bandwidth never hurt anything....except the owner's pocketbook.
    I keep telling myself, it's a good problem!
    Regards, Barry

Something odd is afoot. I am unable to connect with 2 different devices while on wifi but they both connect just fine when switching off the wifi and using a cell phone data plan. No problems using other sites with wifi.
    Have you tried shutting both devices completely off and restarting?
    Regards, Barry

I think it was yesterday that I could not log in via my phone (which usually works flawlessly). It is a Note3 running Chrome.

I could not get a connection at all to BS....eventually the browser would report "no data received".

Later in the day I was at the laptop and was able to log in...after that my phone worked as well. I'm using Chrome on my laptop as well.
    "Imagine a world in which we are all enlightened by objective truths rather than offended by them."Neil Tyson

I'm on an older Dell Inspiron running Windows and Chrome. I haven't had a problem after I logged in after the reset.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...