Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Labor

Default Re: Labor

I didn't mean to suggest that you give hives to any employee I was just trying to illustrate that people treat there own stuff with more regard.

The idea of ownership and "buy in" are just concepts. I didn't mean to suggest you give away anything. I was suggesting that if the right employees have a sense that they can control their destiny by increasing their wage they will then work the business as if they own it.

Still left with finding the type of person that shares your values for hard work and is willing to capitalize on any offers you make.

I don't envy you,I understand how hard good people are to find and what lengths a wise owner will go to to keep them!

i understood what u meant.
    Greg Stahlman; Stahlman Apiaries Inc.

Greg, we had two that were worth a flip from South Africa out of five hired over the years. We had better luck with the Russian beekeepers. But then there is the language barrier for most people that try to hire them. Luckily, I have not that problem having spent alot of of time in the Ukraine and having had a Ukrainian wife. But INS does not like to give Russian people a H2A visa for fear that they will walk off the job and "disappear" into America. But this is a backward state where I live. So you can imagine a Russian worker trying to thumb a ride from a redneck and what that scenerio would be like? So far, I have not had that problem and find Russian beekeepers to be very hard working. I have even learned a few management tricks from them also. TED
    ALABAMA BEE COMPANY-A member of the Sioux Honey association -*Sweetening a golden tommorrow*

When we put ads on craigslist and so many people call its ridiculous. some are worth the time and some are not. The hard part is to convince them keeping bee's is better than any other job they could find.

You gotta be willing to sweat though. I'd love it for a summer job, but there are no commercial beeks around here and my summers are running out before I have to get a real job. I have some good friends who ask to come over and help me on extracting day, even though they get stung some times. Some people are really interested in bees.
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

Salary $ 10-12 / h is about as well is a bonus for good work. I do not want to be in America on holiday just a job and earn money.
    In the U.S., I will not be because the family is in Poland a whole. Only problem with the visa to the USA and the American language.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123