Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Labels post a picture of your labels!

13K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  beemandan 
#1 ·
Ok…we’ve shown trucks and loaders. I see that there was an individual posting his label….and it made me think that maybe showing off our labels might be interesting.
Here is mine. It has a glossy finish but I held it so that most of the light wouldn’t reflect.

And, on the top of the lids I put this label.

See less See more
#2 ·
looks great!.....right now all I have is the CNG stickers, hopefully by next year my wife will have me some nice labels.
did you go through a local print shop or just design them yourself and order them online?
also curious if the glossy labels will hold up to washing(by hand, I am my wifes dishwashing machien :eek:)
most of my best customers will return there jars for a refill!

#3 ·
looks great
Thanks again hipbee.
If you remember my marketing manager from the vinegar thread, she designed the logos and labels. We've had them printed at a couple of places. While they are somewhat water resistant, I think washing will take a toll. In GA, the Dept of Ag does not allow the reuse of jars for retail sales, so it's a non issue for me.

#4 ·
Im hoping for enuf honey to start selling retail so I need to look into my local restrictions!
this year freinds and family purchased 250 lbs of honey and still want more!
thats a weird restriction anyway, people usually bring back jars cleaner than what they come at the store. have you ever noticed that awful chemical smell when opening a case of new jars? have to wash them all anyway! but I guess its not a big deal because I usually only get back about 2% of my jars anyway.
P.S. I have to get my marketing manager in touch with your marketing manager...She is Good!

#5 ·
"have to wash them all anyway! but I guess its not a big deal" - we put our jars through a sterilizer ( in a commercial kitchen). They come out very, very hot a dry in no time. We can deal with 100's of jars in an hour.
We re-use a lot of our jars ( we give a Dollar back) but remove all the labels. The Dollar return has been a good marketing tool as people usually buy more.

#18 ·
I haven't printed any yet. I will ask my SNL advice on that as well. He's smart on that stuff. Now that I think on it a laser printer would be best but I don't have one:) The concept one where the honey is the background I believe would have to be cut from vinyl. But there again as you mentioned there's cost considerations. David really showed out.

#27 ·
Guess I should have mentioned, we design our own labels and have Growers' Discount Labels print them. Because we do other things besides honey its easier for us to use a label company and do design in house...well, that is I do the design (former package designer before becoming a farmer/beekeeper). I think Amy is a really good choice but Growers, in the end is cheaper for me and has a whole LOT of options. My label cost is right around 11 cents a label doing about 2000 at a time. We have matching one for 1/2 pound and a large bulk blank label for gallons that does double duty for the grains we mill. It has all the contact/processing info and you can either hand write or laser print directly onto the label if you want a cleaner look.

http://www.growersdiscountlabels.com/

Ask for Stu and tell him Richard sent you. :)

#28 ·
That's good work Richard.
I get mine printed in lots of 1000 - 3000. I keep admiring the price/label for 10000+ orders and may do that next time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.