Hybrid View

Default Labels post a picture of your labels!

Ok…we’ve shown trucks and loaders. I see that there was an individual posting his label….and it made me think that maybe showing off our labels might be interesting.
    Here is mine. It has a glossy finish but I held it so that most of the light wouldn’t reflect.

And, on the top of the lids I put this label.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Default Re: Labels post a picture of your labels!

looks great!.....right now all I have is the CNG stickers, hopefully by next year my wife will have me some nice labels.
    did you go through a local print shop or just design them yourself and order them online?
    also curious if the glossy labels will hold up to washing(by hand, I am my wifes dishwashing machien )
    most of my best customers will return there jars for a refill!

Quote Originally Posted by hipbee View Post
    looks great
    Thanks again hipbee.
    If you remember my marketing manager from the vinegar thread, she designed the logos and labels. We've had them printed at a couple of places. While they are somewhat water resistant, I think washing will take a toll. In GA, the Dept of Ag does not allow the reuse of jars for retail sales, so it's a non issue for me.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Im hoping for enuf honey to start selling retail so I need to look into my local restrictions!
    this year freinds and family purchased 250 lbs of honey and still want more!
    thats a weird restriction anyway, people usually bring back jars cleaner than what they come at the store. have you ever noticed that awful chemical smell when opening a case of new jars? have to wash them all anyway! but I guess its not a big deal because I usually only get back about 2% of my jars anyway.
    P.S. I have to get my marketing manager in touch with your marketing manager...She is Good!

"have to wash them all anyway! but I guess its not a big deal" - we put our jars through a sterilizer ( in a commercial kitchen). They come out very, very hot a dry in no time. We can deal with 100's of jars in an hour.
    We re-use a lot of our jars ( we give a Dollar back) but remove all the labels. The Dollar return has been a good marketing tool as people usually buy more.

This was my first year, and I wasn't prepared for a big honey crop, but the girls surprised me with 38lbs.

DSCN1560.jpg

We distributed jars of honey mostly to our friends, family and neighbors and our hand-made labels were well received.

I think for next year, I'm going to get some waterproof labels made. Keep the pictures coming!