Default 2011 just wasn't my year....

Started off great, worked a lot, bought bees. Worked some more, lost swarm. Worked some more, bees died.
    Got warranty hive, stayed home, tended bees. Went from 2 frames to 7, learned a lot. Robbers came and killed bees. (they were probably that swarm I lost)
    Worked a lot, paid bills, Worked a lot, got wood stove hooked up (this part is good.
    Worked a lot, came home to leaking pipes, plumbing rusted out. Fixed plumbing
    Bad mechanic work on my chevy caused the oil leak, work I paid dearly for btw, and my not checking the oil caused a knock, threw a rod last thursday.

But the darned semi that hit the little black car (and at least 3 others) and sent the little black car careening into my lane to clip my little pickup, which sent it spinning across the highway with at least 2 more impacts before I landed safely on the right side of the 4 lane highway (I started out in the almost left lane).... He fled the scene. I am soooo mad. And getting sore. Now that I have ranted, thank you for listening. I am going to soak in epsom salts which I know I should do. Thank you.

Woman with two trucks is now woman with 2 dead trucks. One needs a heart transplant, the other the only thing left is the heart and the passenger compartment... Unfortunately the big one needs 8 cylinders and the little one only has 4 cylinders... Working on finding a body.

Gypsi
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Default Re: 2011 just wasn't my year....

Hey Gypsi,sorry to here about your misfortunes hope things get better for ya!On the good side your still walking up right things could always be worse.

reading that makes me feel better. hope things get better for ya. happy holidays. (don't mess with bees or drive)

Trying not to Drive is easy tonight.
    It's raining.
    All I have here is a bicycle.
    That works anyway.
    Cracked a rib I think.
    Daughter loaning me a truck
    Tomorrow. Grateful for the
    Rain. And that I made it home
    Alive.
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Gypsi, You are blessed, your two dead trucks have a live owner.
    Old Guy in Alabama

You sure could have used that rain over the summer. Things will get better for you Gypsi. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and remember to set out your swarm traps in early spring. I have a feeling 2012 will be a good year for all you tough Texans.
    Last edited by Charlie B; 11-22-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Hang in there, Gypsi. It'll get better. I'm just glad to hear that you are (more or less) OK. Not much to do with a possible rib injury. My wife went to the doctor recently with one (grandbaby got the best of her! )...the doctor said there was no need to x-ray being as there wasn't anything he could do about it. We also found out that the practice of using a wrap around the rib cage has been discontinued because it is believed to contribute to cases of pneumonia developing.

Take it easy and take plenty of vitamin-c (helps keep the cold's away and you don't want to start coughing!).

Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving (even in tough times we all have a lot to be thankful for )
    Ed

Thank you guys. And yes Old Guy, my dead trucks do have a live owner. Something to be grateful for. And rain now, will stop wildfires later, and let seeds germinate. 2012 is going to be better. I do need to re-do my will, haven't done that since 2004 or 2005, And the daughter's ages and interests have changed.

Ed, thank you for telling me about the wrap being discontinued. I will go and get x-rays just to find out what I can and cannot do. I have attic and under the house stuff I usually do myself, if the rib is bruised, I do it, if it is hairline fracture, I might, if it is badly fractured and might get soft tissue between bones, I hire one of my guys to insulate the pipes. As for the attic, my daughter is lighter. I really need to check the attic. She does not know what I am looking for up there. But for today, I will wait. Until she brings me a truck or some other form of transportation shows up.

I carry medical on my car insurance, last night I called and found out how to use it. I hate doctors and hospitals, but I know a clinic with an in office x-ray machine and I have been a patient there, let me see, when I sprained my wrist.. 2004.

I still have a lot to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

Materials can be replaced. I was holding my breath hoping not to hear about somebody that did not get to see this thanksgiving. Puts my petty problems in perspective but makes me feel bad for being so far from home when my folks could also use the help.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

We all do what we can. Right now I'm grateful I left the heavy tools in my truck - they kept it from rolling. I need to re-do my will before I leave my kids a mess if I'm not so lucky the next time.

First impact was actually passenger side, the car the semi hit clipped the front corner of the passenger side and set me spinning. I have no idea what hit the drivers side front or the back, but the highway was crowded.
    mazda2_nov21_2011.gif

I just posted a pic of this truck last week. Jinx? It handled the wreck very well. It is a 1986 mazda B2000, and I would definitely drive another one. The heavy tools in the back end probably helped a lot though. Weight...