Default Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

If you know anyone who has cancer or even died from cancer, share it in this thread.

I'll start: my mother used to be a cancer patient. Over 5 years ago, during a routine ovary operation, the doctor discovered that she had ovarian cancer stage 3. Her doctor gave her only 3 months to live. But she beat the odds. Now she still alive and healthy.

http://my-mothers-amazing-cancer-recovery.blogspot.com

Default Re: Do You Know Anyone Who Has Cancer?

My mother in law had breast cancer 6 months of kemo and she is still with us . I my self HAD CANCER AND HAD TO HAVE IT CUT OUT I am doing fine. Johns Bees

I have prostate cancer

camero7

You are on my thoughts and prayers.

I lost both of my parents to cancer @ 62. Lung for my mother, and Colon for my father.
    Have a dear friend who has bone marrow cancer right now.

My mother had cancer in her lymphnodes, she went through chemotherapy. Seemed to be doing better untill one day she could hardly breath, they took her in pumped her lungs and found out it had spread to her lungs. I watched her take her last breath sitting in the chair in our living room. I was about 12 she was about 55. I was to young to realize it at the time but I found out from my aunt that she was basical a guinea pig for the doctors. They were trying a then experimental high dose chemo. My faith in Christ is the only thing that has got me through life, but I'm not going to get off on that, I will send you my personal email if you wish to talk about that.

I also lost 2 Uncles and an Aunt to it. I have had a cousin that has had it. My best friend died at the age of 34 with it. He was doing great perfectly healthy. I talked to him the week before, he started feeling bad and went in he found out he had pancreatic cancer. I was going to leave that weekend to visit and he died the next day.

Lost a cousin to breast cancer 11 years ago. Have an aunt fighting her second battle with the disease. A friend lost his wife several years ago to it. Every October, we raise funds for Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation with honey sales. We offer the angel-shaped containers with pink high flow caps & a pink ribbon for sale with proceeds going to the foundation at a slight premium over standard sale price. Anyone who is a survivor or currently has the disease gets the angel at no cost and I still donate as though they had purchased it.

I am a melanoma survivor - 1997, they ruled me cancer free around 2005. All I had was surgery - it was skin cancer, and that funny dot had been on my back for a year before I got a massage and the therapist said it looked like melanoma.
    A friend of mine also had skin cancer melanoma removed from her thigh about 2 months later. She had surgery, then lymph node surgery, chemo, radiation, she died, maybe of cancer, maybe of radiation, in 2004.

My maternal uncle, who has never smoked or drank to excess, is dying of either carcinoma or melanoma right now, he's had both, been doing chemo and radiation for the last 3 or 4 years. It moved into his liver, large mass, he's got a couple of weeks to live.

My dad died at 55, smoked 4 packs of cigarettes a day and was an alcoholic, cardiovascular stuff, not a speck of cancer. (he had a small skin cancer removed from the top of his ear 5 years before he died, but was cancer free per the post-mortem)

Go figure. I eat right, exercise, smoke half a pack of cigarettes a day, eat one ounce of dark chocolate a day, don't drink unless you count green and black tea, and the occasional cup of coffee, avoid doctors like the plague, and an Indian astrologer told me I'd live to 85, ornery the whole way. I'm going with that.
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.