Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Pigeon Mountain breathable suit $150

I went to the PM General Store and talked to them about suits and all kinds of other things. They are really friendly and helpful down there. That's where I bought the suit. I have an entry (well, a couple of entries) about it on my blog.

I like the suit. It fits well and I haven't been stung yet. I got the fencing type veil and I didn't like it. So I ordered and received the round veil as a replacement (so now I have two. I'll use the fencing veil as a spare). It was made in India. You can't get it on over boots. But I haven't had any trouble with it yet. However, the zipper is a little stiff, and every time I put it on I think about waxing the zipper, but never seem to get around to it. Maybe next time.
    Greg Whitehead, Ten Mile, TN
    Blog - http://gregsbees.blogspot.com/

Beehonest just be a little more thick skinned. I just went to the PMTC site and I will be buying on of thier suits. I too cant afford an ultrabreeze even though I would like to support small business and American make. I drive a chevy, own mostly all American made guns, and try to buy only American gas. Back when I worked and money was no object but now I have to mind my dollars and mine will be a Pigeon Mountain suit.

psisk

I have a pigeon mountain suit and I love it. I will never buy a regular suit ever again. Pigeon mountains veil is also superior to ultra breezes in that the neck part is the same 3 layers of material that the rest of the suit is made of. NO STINGS!

I posted in some other thread detailed info on PM vent suit. I guess, everybody could search. It is good suit, made in India. I tried both type of veils and prefer the round one (fencing?). Brass zippers works great without any wax. Pay attention when chose the size - you should get not more than 1 size bigger than your usual size. I got mine in XL and it was gigantic (M, 183 cm, 80 kg). Company people are very nice, they replaced the suit (3 mo backorder) and did not charge for return shipping. I would be happy to buy the product, which is truly made (not assembled) in USA and reasonable at price. But I love India also. Have no problem buying good stuff from any place as long as it is good quality. I do not understand all this patriotic discussion regarding US-made products. Well, bees are from Europe, patriots need to stop buying European honey bees.

hey guys what about the mann lake vented suit?
    is it as good as these mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by cerezha View Post
    I posted in some other thread detailed info on PM vent suit. I guess, everybody could search. It is good suit, made in India.
    I would be happy to buy the product, which is truly made (not assembled) in USA and reasonable at price.
    Man, you've got me confused!!! So which is it, made in the USA or made in India???

But I love India also. Have no problem buying good stuff from any place as long as it is good quality. I do not understand all this patriotic discussion regarding US-made products. Well, bees are from Europe, patriots need to stop buying European honey bees.
    Topic for another forum but I will say that when I can, I *do* buy products made in the USA....*I* was "Made in the USA" and like to support my fellow citizens. The honey bees were grandfathered in back before you had to have a visa.

Ed

I bought one of these suits a few months ago and like it okay. I wrote a review on our website. Check it out.

http://honeysunapiary.wordpress.com/...in-trading-co/