Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Pigeon Mountain breathable suit $150

Quote Originally Posted by fish_stix View Post
    I don't only think of myself when buying products of any type but I consider how skinny my wallet is too! I have no aversion to buying foreign made products; sorry folks, we live in a global economy. My underwear is made in Honduras, I have a shotgun from Belgium, my wife and I enjoy wines from France and Italy as well as Australia and Chile. I have Italian bees and the lumber for my hives comes from Canada. I have a Japanese car and wouldn't trade it for anything American. No problem at all with a silly bee suit!
    You should get rid of the shotgun made in Belgium. I'll trade you an American mossberg for it. Same deal applies to any Italian shotguns you have laying around

Here we go again! Mbeck off the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbeck View Post
    You should get rid of the shotgun made in Belgium. I'll trade you an American mossberg for it. Same deal applies to any Italian shotguns you have laying around
    sounds fair
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 9 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

Quote Originally Posted by beehonest View Post
    Here we go again! Mbeck off the topic.
    Sorry!

Thank you for the informative review of your bee suite. I joined this forum for exactly this kind of helpful information. If my light dash of humor ruined your highly focused thread I apologize.

That's Ok Mbeck, I just wanted to let people of a good product at a great price. And ended up starting world war three. I hate to see people pay more than they have to for something, especialy in this economy.

I will take a shot at buying one of these. Looks like good fabric. Wonder if the jacket has a hive tool pocket. Hard to tell from pics.

beehonest; ease up a little! Most of us on this forum like to have a few giggles once in a while. We appreciate your info on the suits; I, for one, didn't realize that another ventilated suit existed. And this is not the first thread to get derailed. Happens often but you can usually pick through and get the info you need. Just pop open an adult beverage and stay here! You won't regret it. And BTW, the first spare $40,000 my beekeeping business makes will buy one of those Italian shotguns!

I'm guessing beeks are unusually cranky this year due to weather fluctuations and higher than normal bee losses? Still a good site.
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

beehonest....you don't, perchance, happen to have a vested interest in promoting these jackets do you?

Ed

As a Norwegian, I see that I may have been wrong all the time. Am I unpatriotic if I don't buy Norwegian product instead of US/Asian products?

Guess we should all shun products from land-areas that by some coincidence has another name - In the name of freedom etc.
    I am a fresh beekeeper.
    -Keep that in mind if you think of following anything I say.

Intheswamp, I don't. I looked around and read threads long before I bought my equiptment. It was not until after I bought my cotton suit, that I knew breathable suits existed. Golden Bee was the first I heard of then I started searching around and found Ultra Breeze and just as I was about ready to cough up $ 259 for one of them I happened to find the Pigeon Mountain Trading company. For the price it sounded to good to be true. After much thought I figured I would try it and send it back if I did not like it. I love it, it is a quality suit. I just wanted to get the word out, I wish I had heard breathables before I bought my first suit. I am not knocking Ultra Breeze or Golden bee, I can't say anything about them from experience. But I can say from research I don't know of anyone that has either that regrets his decision.

Thanks Duboisi, that is what I am getting at. I love my country as I am sure you do. But there isn't an American out there that owns everything that was made from products here. Unless it is some Indian out there that still lives in a teepee and lives off the land. I opologize if I let things get to me to much, I do have a lot going on right now. My wife just had a baby last week, she is in the nicu with him while I am at home with my two year old son. I will probably be moving to NC due to financial reason. So I am a little cranky right now. I get frustrated with the whole buy american thing, I understand they mean well.

I have a GB jacket and it is well made. I'm looking for a jacket for my wife and possibly a suit for me for doing cut outs in. Do the legs of the PM suit pull over boots ok? The UB suit has brass zippers which would be nice. I watched a guy try on an imported ventilated suit at a recent bee convention, he had a little trouble getting the pants leg over his boot, but it was doable. That suit resembled the PM suit closely...probably coming out of the same province in Viet Nam or wherever.

Questions... Roomy pants legs? Cover flap for covering over veil zipper area? Are the veil zippers one-sided or is there a zipper on both sides letting the veil flip backwards behind your head? Draw-string or velcro closures for sleeves and pants openings? Pockets? Reinforced areas...knees, elbows, seats, ????

After a full season with my standard full suit from PM, I'm very happy with it. Posted a review covering it back in spring and got the same patriotic nationalist flack. Oh well!

I can't remember everything about it I have only worn it about four times. I will have to pull it out and look at it again. Yes the legs have a lot of room, the pockets and knees are reinforced. The legs have velcro no zipper on them for boots, you might be able to get boots through them a lot of variables there. The veil has two zipperes so you can let it hang but they do offer another type of veil not sure what it looks like. I think there is a cover flap for the veil zippers but I don't remember. The thing about being an imported is what started the stink. Mine clearly says made in USA on the tag, they state on thier website they make thier own fabric. Someone wrote them directly you can find it earlier in the thread. They stated they were owned by U.S. Fabrics and american company but had operations in various places the tag on your suit would state the orgin.

Ultra breeze--pricey but highly recommended by every 0ne that has one. Made in America by a family, and I don't think it is made in a garage!

Golden bee-- Not as pricey, but I don't like the draw strings. Made in America by a inovative buisness person.

PMTC-- Wow what a good price, but it is not made in the US. I would be interested if any others than beehonests' is made in the USA

I'm going to make one more controversal but true statement. I have been all my life a student of history, human nature, and their ways of doing things. Human nature is to take of ourselves TODAY without any regard of what tommorrow brings.
    All great societys have fallen thru the centurys, Romans, Egyptians, even Hitlers Germany was out of greed and dominance. They all imploded from within for lack of control of their own greed and self control that we as Americans are exhibiting in our lives. Even too many of our children are undisciplined and are out of control.
    beehonest I am not a paticurally religious person, but I pray that your newborn is OK and has a prosperious and free country to grow up in.
    I fully understand it is a global economy, but I fully understand that we are the consumers, and not the manufacturers anymore. Good luck to all. We are going to need it from the attitudes exhibited on this thread.
    So much to learn, so little time!!

Valleyman, Got no hard feelings just lots of frustrations. I am religeous this country was founded on on it. I believe that God is in controll not Goverment, country,state or mankind. I think that is where our views differ. But I think you are spliting hairs with a butter knife. I am sure you would have no problem buying a car that is from an american company that outsources. But you make a big deal over buying a bee suit from an american company that is outsourced. Relax a little, now that we have polotics and religeon out of they way do you want to talk about beekeeping. God bless you man

There's been enough discussed about societal issues which belong in Tailgater. Keep discussion to bee suits please.
    Regards, Barry

I'm in Australia so the origin is a Sparrows farth to me ( we don't make any here)
    What is important to me is: are the as good as we expect ( cool, strong, bee proof)?
    I trust the company - I e-mailed for the cost of shipping ( just slightly cheaper then a trip to the US of A not the companies fault) and had an answer back in hours.
    Last edited by max2; 11-21-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: added note

I bought one of the PM suits a couple of months ago. No, you can't get it on over boots. I can get it on over sneakers if I take it easy and work it on. I had a quality issue with mine. PM has offered to replace it. I had a reply from the owner of the company within two minutes of filing my complaint. Mine has a tag on it saying it was assembled in India. I'm hoping the second one is put together better than the first one.