Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Pigeon Mountain breathable suit $150

17K views 46 replies 23 participants last post by  SteveBee 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if any one else out there has one? I looked at suits for a couple of years, I saw the Ultra Breeze and Golden Bee. I always wanted one but did not have $259 for a suit. Then I found these guys from GA, Pigeon Mountain Trading company. They have breathable suits but they only cost $150. Sounded to good to be true but I love mine! Just curious and also wanted to get word out before you pay the $259 like I almost did.

#6 ·
Re: Pigeon Mountain breathable suite $150

I don't know about that thread but it is wrong. It is made here in the USA by them. They say they make the fabric also. At any rate it is a great suit! I guess you have more money than most of us to throw around?

#7 ·
Good to know. Do they make a jacket like the ultrabreeze jacket? Because while my Dadant suit has done an excellent job of protecting me, it is miserably hot in summer.

#8 ·
Hi Gypsi, yes they do it is $95. I think the reason they are cheaper is because they are a bigger operation. From what I have read on the ultrabreeze site it sounds like it is probably a guy in his garage that makes them, I think it's the same with Golden Bee. They are good products they just don't have the resources that Pigeon Mountain. They also have a general store.

#9 ·
beehonest,
Sorry to inform you but I emailed the company and they are not made in the USA. He told me that their statements weren't intending to mislead with their statement, but I informed him that he was. Believe what you want, I know!

#10 ·
I'll just tell Santa I want an ultrabreeze jacket. (actually wasn't there a discount bee jacket offer floating around beesource for awhile? Not ultrabreeze, but about $35, and everyone was ordering them?)

#11 ·
Here is the proof!

Mr. Cook,

Thank you for contacting Pigeon Mountain Trading Company.

Please rest assured that PMTC is not trying to imply in any way any product is made anywhere other than where it is. We are wholly owned by U.S. Vinyl Corporation which has operations in the Americas, Asia and Europe. We weave or extrude most of our own fabrics, do our own sewing/fabrication, and no matter what country we are working in, all things are done to U S specifications. Most of our bee wear is currently being sewn in India from fabrics made in various countries including the USA and each piece of clothing will have a tag in the neck which designates the country it was final fabricated in. There is no intent to hide or disguise where we make any of our PMTC brand products. We are very proud of the quality of all our products sold under the PMTC Brand and offer a 100% money back guarantee to our customers if they are not in any way fully satisfied with any of our products upon receiving them.

I hope this addresses any issues you might have and answers your inquiry but please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you again for contacting us.
Randy Cumbee
General Manager
Pigeon Mountain Trading Company

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon 9/26/2011 8:54 PM
To: Pigeon Mountain Trading Company
Subject: Contact PMTC

Where are the ventilated beesuits and jackets made. You imply that that
they are made in the USA, but don't ever say that. If they are made in
the USA then you will get lots of sales of them. If they are made
elsewhere you need to say so, or you are going to make some unhappy
because they believe they are made here from the way you state the product description.
Thank you, Brent Cook

I recieved this email from Pigeon Mountain, at least they did reply, and now we can make an informed choice. Good luck!!
Brent
Last edited by valleyman; 09-29-2011 at 07:37 AM.​

#12 ·
I'm sure the matrials for ultrabreeze or Golden bee are made elsewhere and assembled in a guys garage here in America, thus the tag made in America. Everyone does that these days including Ford, GM, and Chrysler. I don't realy care, I am not here to split hairs. They are quality suits how and wherever they are built.

#13 ·
i would really like to see some pics or a website to see this suit. i have an ultrabreeze and love it. had to take it to a shop to have a brushy mountain veil attached to it because i dont like the hood that comes with it. it has very limited visibility for running loaders. but i am always looking around for something that the hired help could wear that is affordable.

#16 ·
To each his own. I love my country and I believe in supporting quality products that are assembled in the USA, as much as I can. Having said that I admit that I to will buy something that is very low priced, and that I wouldn't have otherwise purchased from an American manufacturer, because it is 5 times the price of the foreign product. Also most ot the American names are no longer made in the US, so it is hard to find American made. Example being, my compressor, stapler, and brad driver came from Harbor Freight. I could not find an American made one that I could afford. I'm not sure that there is an american made one. Maybe Rockwell.
beehonest,
You are correct that there is too much foreign content in too many products that we buy. I worked for GM for 25 years and watched first hand the content change. But my opinion is we need to support American products that are even assembled here. Assembly is usually the most expensive part of a product. Part of the problem is too many people think only of themselves, it is human nature that we need to think about our future generations. We cannot become a service society because someone has to manufacture something before we can afford to buy products that need to be serviced. Sorry to preach, but it is dear to my heart!

#17 ·
I don't only think of myself when buying products of any type but I consider how skinny my wallet is too! I have no aversion to buying foreign made products; sorry folks, we live in a global economy. My underwear is made in Honduras, I have a shotgun from Belgium, my wife and I enjoy wines from France and Italy as well as Australia and Chile. I have Italian bees and the lumber for my hives comes from Canada. I have a Japanese car and wouldn't trade it for anything American. No problem at all with a silly bee suit!

#18 ·
Wow, never joined a forum before but learning a lot! This was not intended to be a contest over where it was made! Mine was made here it says so on the tag. Yours may not be ? And just because it was made somwhere else doesn't mean its junk. I will take a Nissan over Ford,GM,or Chrysler, I have owned all three. Nissan cost less, go a couple hundred thousand miles, take far less repaires doing it,and use less gas. I just wanted to let people now there was a suit that is the same quality as the other breathables for half the price. Thats all, I don't know about thier other suits and products just the breathable suits. Buy what you will, this suit is quality at a great price. I don't think I will be making to many more posts after this one

#20 ·
Thanks, Tony P. Now this makes a lot more sense. Could not figure out why it got off on american made and ultra breeze. Golden Bee is also a good suit and made in america but no one mentioned it.

#25 ·
That's Ok Mbeck, I just wanted to let people of a good product at a great price. And ended up starting world war three. I hate to see people pay more than they have to for something, especialy in this economy.

#27 ·
beehonest; ease up a little! Most of us on this forum like to have a few giggles once in a while. We appreciate your info on the suits; I, for one, didn't realize that another ventilated suit existed. And this is not the first thread to get derailed. Happens often but you can usually pick through and get the info you need. Just pop open an adult beverage and stay here! You won't regret it. And BTW, the first spare $40,000 my beekeeping business makes will buy one of those Italian shotguns!

#30 ·
As a Norwegian, I see that I may have been wrong all the time. Am I unpatriotic if I don't buy Norwegian product instead of US/Asian products?

Guess we should all shun products from land-areas that by some coincidence has another name - In the name of freedom etc.

#31 ·
Intheswamp, I don't. I looked around and read threads long before I bought my equiptment. It was not until after I bought my cotton suit, that I knew breathable suits existed. Golden Bee was the first I heard of then I started searching around and found Ultra Breeze and just as I was about ready to cough up $ 259 for one of them I happened to find the Pigeon Mountain Trading company. For the price it sounded to good to be true. After much thought I figured I would try it and send it back if I did not like it. I love it, it is a quality suit. I just wanted to get the word out, I wish I had heard breathables before I bought my first suit. I am not knocking Ultra Breeze or Golden bee, I can't say anything about them from experience. But I can say from research I don't know of anyone that has either that regrets his decision.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.