Default Walter Kelley free shipping

November 21 - 23
    Now where did I put that catalog......
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Default Re: Walter Kelley free shipping

Where did you hear about this? Only 2 Days? Mann Lake offers free shipping on orders over $100 365 days a year!

It's on their home page. It's something they do every year. The sale is for in-stock items and the price is not adjusted for the free shipping. Take a look, compare final prices and make your decision. I have only had very good experiences with Kelley's - in person, on the phone, and on the net.
    Have fun shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by roostershooter7 View Post
    Mann Lake offers free shipping on orders over $100 365 days a year!
    Different creatures...in my opinion. If you are totally satisfied with Mann Lake, no problem.
    If, on the other hand, you like Kelley's and their prices.....it is a very generous deal.
    I surely am not promoting anyone...just reporting for those who are interested.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Just hope the new website works. It's pretty, but bugs all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by libhart View Post
    Just hope the new website works.
    One can always phone them.

Kelly's "free shipping is only good for a few days, and more important it is "free" only within 4 Postal Zones away from them.

I am in Central Fl not that far from them (Kentucky) and I am in zone 5. No free shipping but 10% discount on shipping, what a bargain! Shesh ...

Thanks I stick with Mann Lake free shipping 365 days a year and no zone counting, and publicity driven meaningless gimmics.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-16-2011 at 01:05 PM. Reason: quoting

Kelley is reputable and if one makes a casual comparison of the prices with other suppliers, has much better pricing in general. Mann Lake is a good supplier but if you look carefully, the shipping costs are built into the pricing. I buy the bulk of my material from Kelley. Never had a complaint and customer service is tops. Don't forget to use the code "Turkey" for the free shipping when you are ordering on those days. Seriously. I have my shopping cart filled and I'm ready to hit the send key at the stroke of midnight.

i'll concur with what Stone said:Kelley's IS reputable. Walter was a great guy and the new owners are filling his shoes very well. pennies ARE important, but not everything. dedication to the art of beekeeping and the treatment of customers AND employees maters a lot to me-and Kelleys gets my (small) trade and my thanks.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

I heard Brushy Mountain is going to have a big sale on Black Friday or Black Monday. Brushy Mountain had free shipping last week. excellent company to deal with.

I too purchase my frames and foundation from Kelley's. I do love their customer service. But I live in Kentucky about an hour away. When ever someone is headed that way, we always ask others if we need to bring them back anything.... Rarely do I not have a ton of equipment for other.

Also - Kelley's will bring your equipment to state bee meetings when they are coming. (i bet others do too....)

Phil
    Grandchildren are the best.... Bees a close second....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray4852 View Post
    I heard Brushy Mountain is going to have a big sale on Black Friday or Black Monday. Brushy Mountain had free shipping last week. excellent company to deal with.
    Wish I had known that last week... I needed a few things but had to 'make do' without them. I'll be watching for the Black Friday sale, hopefully shipping will be free then too.

Larry