Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Book Recommendation

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  DeeAnna 
#1 ·
Book Recommendation,

I just got my hands on a copy of At the Hive Entrance by H. Storch. It was translated from German to English by F. Celis. My local library managed to find it for me through interlibrary loan.

To those of you who aren't familiar it is a book about using clues provided at the hive entrance to understand what is happening within the hive. So far it is fascinating. It is definitely a must read.

I think I will end up buying a copy for myself because it seems like the kind of thing I might use for reference from time to time.

Regards,
Jon

#6 ·
I've read the book, but thinking about rereading it. I just watched some skep videos from the 70s. They would put all of their skeps that were going to swarm in a single apiary site and sit all day watching the entrance. They could tell when a colony was about to swarm and put a net in front of the hive. It was amazing to watch and equally as amazing that they could pick out that entrance behavior among so many skeps.

#8 ·
I can supply At the Hive Entrance in mobi (kindle) or html format for personal use only (this book is still in copyright). I converted the PDF, so the file is smaller and easier to read on my Kindle. The formatting is different to work better as an e-book, but the text is the same.

PS: Send me an email and specify mobi or html....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.