Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Hello from Araceli, 13 and ambitious! Can't wait until spring comes!

welcome, I'm sure more people will pick up your bee fever, good luck
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

Default Re: Hello from Araceli, 13 and ambitious! Can't wait until spring comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Araceli View Post
    Thanks emmet and beeG, and everyone else! I am so inspired by all of these comments! They really mean a lot to me! And also, my parents are contemplating letting me keep a small hive (probably only 1 brood-box and 2 supers) in our own backyard! (This is great news to me, because if that does happen, I won't have to deal with the issues of finding a farm to let me keep them there, and then also having to worry about pesticides.) I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because so far, my mom thinks it will "look so cute next to the butterfly bush, Jeffery!" , but my dad doesn't quite have the vision... XD
    This is indeed great news. Keep working on your Mother. She will be a powerful ally when it comes to convincing your father.

Brian

Hi Araceli I started beekeeping when I was in highschool in 1964. I quit and got back into it last year because my grandaughter wanted to have a hive. She is an awesome beekeeper and handles the bees like a pro. She has no fear but does respect her bees. You will be very happy you decided to get into beekeeping. I do have one suggestion however. Try to find an experienced beekeeper to help you get started. They will help you choose the right equipment and gear you need. I suggest getting kits that you can assemble yourself. You will enjoy beekeeping more when you dive in with both feet! Good luck and let us know of your progress.

Never be afraid to follow your dreams

The thing that determines the size of a hive is not just what you want, but what the flow does. If you crowd them they will swarm.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Araceli View Post
    NOBODY at my school has any idea what I'm talking about, and also thinks I'm a freak.
    Welcome Araceli! I doubt that's the case but if it were then you are surrounded by a few thousand folks that are even bigger freaks. I actually had my first beekeeping experience when I was just 3....well sort of. I slipped away from my dad and opened a hive and got stung about 5 times in the head, I can still remember how bad that hurt. Maybe that's my problem hmmmmm.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12