When I first showed pictures of this extractor almost a year ago forum members expressed a concern for the motor in the bottom getting covered with honey. To guard against that I put a plastic baggie over the motor before installing the PVC spindle. At first the bag was too long and wrapped around the stationary shaft supporting the motor and that is what you see at the end of the video. The motor slowed down to a stall. Because of the motor design this doesn’t hurt it for short periods. On the next set of frames I cut the baggie shorter and never had this problem again.
I only made enough metal brackets for two frames to be spun before I made this trial run. I will now make more brackets so I can load in 4 frames at a time.
I will make an elevated base so I can get a pan underneath the barrel for drawing out the honey. I might weight the base because when the extractor is empty it shakes around for the first few frames. Once the weight of the honey gets to the bottom it is much less.
Right now the motor cord is hard wired. I will put a connector in the line so the motor can be taken out and separated from the switch control. This will make it easier to get the last little bit honey out of the barrel.