Default How to 'finish' a cutout, collecting the left over bees? Help please

We did what appears to be a successful cutout yesterday, full and busy hive at my house now, but lots of lost bees in the cutout area (under a hot tub). The homeowner wants to have landscapers through in a couple of days and needs the bees totally gone. From what I've heard I should spray the area with bleach/water, but I'd like to save the bees if possible. Can I put a nuc with a brood frame in the old hive spot and hope that the left overs move in? Lock up and move at night? Or is there a trick with a light at night instead?
    Time sensitive
    P.S.- in hawaii so no concerns about weather killing the the left over bees

Default Re: How to 'finish' a cutout, collecting the left over bees? Help please

The NUC might work. I like to leave the cutout box at the old location for a day or two, the bees seem to collect onto it. But I don't do a lot of cutouts...
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!

Default Re: How to 'finish' a cutout, collecting the left over bees? Help please

clean ALL the old comb/wax...spray down old hive area with either clear ammonia or white vinegar...usually I leave either the hive or leave them a 'catch hive'[nuc box]with some old drawn comb

I do a lot of cut outs and I leave a hive, put a little brood from the cut out in it. This gets those outside.

Then wait until dark, then use a bee vac to get what are left in the cut out area.

Most important..... Remove all comb from the work area. If stray comb with either honey or brood is left near the cut out site, the bees will go to it.

cchoganjr