Default Can you recommend a U.S. based Apple Cider forum? (hard)

I have run across a couple of home-brewing sites that had cider forums but I'm interested in knowing which are the most active/frequented, or your favorite.

I will eventually be working towards making a French style of cider when I have a source for the apples. If you have some cider apple varieties growing I might be asking you for some scions...
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Default Re: Can you recommend a U.S. based Apple Cider forum? (hard)

I recommend this forum
    http://www.homebrewtalk.com/

For apple varieties I would suggest joining NAFEX, the North American Fruit Explorers.
    A member there has lots of apples, David Vernon, of Century Farm Orchards. I've met him, purchased from him and will do so again.
    The group has a library that likely has some info on cider apples and cider making, but it does not have a booming net forum.

I'd suggest a local homebrew club to get connected to competitions. Go judge the ciders, meet other lovers in person. You will learn who does what and how.
    Don't forget your crab apples. I need to buy some this winter. I plan on grafting a couple hundred trees this year on Bud 9 for espalier growing.

I joined the NAFEX, was very disappointed in the resources that I saw there and promptly asked for a refund, which I received.

Homebrewtalk.com does seem to be about the most active U.S. forum...
    Last edited by BeeCurious; 11-15-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: addition
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Go to gotmead.com They will make room for you and it will be a good point of departure. I have a cyser burbling away now. It won't be ready for Christmas darn it!