Default I want free shipping on muth jars!

Does anyone know of any places? I've heard of a couple places that if you order $100 worth of beekeeping stuff they'll ship it for free.

Default Re: I want free shipping on muth jars!

sounds like Mann-Lake
    Old Guy in Alabama

But they don't carry Muth jars.....
    Honeydew

I don't know anyone who likes to ship glass. There is such a potential for breakage, why would anyone ship it to you free of charge?

Do you want a pallet of these jars? If yes, spread across the cost per case, how much would $100.00 be?

Have you tried ordering them? What kind of money are we talking here?
    Just because something is new to you, doesn't mean it is new, or revolutionary. Mark Berninghausen

When it comes to jars you end up paying alot for shipping. I don't like it either. Muth jars if you can get them are another story. Good luck with that and post if you find a place. Usually you pay about 50 cents for the jar and the same for shipping.
    I pick mine up at a warehouse hours away and get enough for 2 seasons. Wish I could get muth jars that easy.

I ended up going with Dadant. I got 24 shipped for $64 bucks. Yikes! That was a hard pill to swallow.

Ouch. Yeah I paid about the same for mine. They're nice jars though. I just don't think I'll be buying them on a regular basis.

When the cost of shipping is included in the price you charge for your honey, how do your customers react? If the jar costs a dollar and shipping that jar costs a dollar and the cap costs .15 and the label costs .15 and you charge $3.00 for the 1lb of honey in the jar, that would come to $5.30/jar, if I did my math correctly.

Mark that up by adding 50% and you have a 1lb. Muth jar selling for $7.95. Seems like, w/ a fancy label, one should be able to do that.

What's the problem?
    Just because something is new to you, doesn't mean it is new, or revolutionary. Mark Berninghausen