Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default diy plans: bee venom collection

I am trying to obtain plans for a DIY bee venom collector. Any leads?
    All internet links I have located do not function.
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!

Default Re: diy plans: bee venom collection

What R U going 2 do w/ it once U collect it?

I knew a guy once who collected hornet nests and yellow jacket nests, while still alive. He sold them to a Lab that extracted the venom. He froze the wasps in his freezer and only sent the wasps, not the nests.
    Mark Berninghausen

Try lotions for family members with arthritis/joint issues.

I think I can order one from overseas, but the price tag is a bit prohibitive for the experiment. I figure if I can make one, with the arthritic old man's help and electrical expertise, it'd be a decent project and cost effective.

Just a heads up........... I have read that the topical bee venom does not work as well as the bee venom from actual stings or injections. However, I can't say one way or the other. Also, anyone using bee venom products, should know that they are not allergic. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Bliss View Post
    Just a heads up........... I have read that the topical bee venom does not work as well as the bee venom from actual stings or injections. However, I can't say one way or the other. Also, anyone using bee venom products, should know that they are not allergic. Good luck.
    Yes, somebody stupid so called doctor wrote that bee venom gel didn't work.Nobody needed his chemical drugs and he decided to attack to the companies having success with treatment using bee venom. It proved by southends of researchers, famous doctors, professors that bee venom is ready works against all kinds of joint problems! In Korea FDA bee venom injection is approved as a drug by professor Christopher Kim and now he is working to register injectable bee venom in USA FDA as well! There are southends of scientific papers, articles, works approving that bee venom gel, cream, ointment, injection are the best for arthritis, goat and so on…

Amazing, the bee venom controversy was raging in the late seventies and appears to still be a polarizing topic. Good luck with your experiments all. Open minds solve problems and improve peoples lives.

You might write to Chaz Mraz in Vermont. His grandfather, Charles Mraz, invented the venom collector. cva@together.net
    I do know they are available online from a Canadian company, but I've lost the link to the company.

Thank you Mr. Palmer. I will do.

Fl Beak,
    Just curious. R U a beakeeper? A keeper of BEAKs?
    Mark Berninghausen

I believe in the benefits of bee venom and have been stung many many times on iced areas. The ice really helped with the initial stinging pain. Sometimes there was absolutely no pain. I would love if the topical bee venom products work as it would be more convenient and completely painfree, and probably cheaper than buying bees. Presently, I don't know if the bee venom topicals work or not. It was actually on the website of an apitherapist that he cautioned that the topicals did not work as well or for as long as the actual stings. I have also read that the injections were more painful than the actual bee stings.

Check out bee well therapy (dot) com

I believe that it was Charles Mraz that developed the way to collect (cleaner) bee venom using glass, etc. and some electrical charge. The great thing about this is the bees kept their stingers and did not die.

It proved by southends of researchers, famous doctors, professors that bee venom is ready works against all kinds of joint problems!
    Thousands? Really? Can you name 10?

FWIW - My exposed arms make a great bee venom collector.
    Honey Badger Don't Care ಠ_ಠ ~=[,,_,,]:3

So far all I can find are patents for various devices.

As for naming ten researchers, famous doctors, professors that bee venom is ready works against all kinds of joint problems, I will paste this comment from another source.
    "Although bee venom therapy is largely an unproven technique, about 50 U.S. physicians report good results using the substance to treat not only pain but arthritic conditions, multiple sclerosis, and other health woes. Other practitioners treat high blood pressure, asthma, hearing loss, and even premenstrual syndrome with bee venom."

this is a link to the whole article which is just one of many that would be found if you google Bee stings for arthritis.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=50602

Although bee venom therapy is largely an unproven technique, about 50 U.S. physicians report good results using the substance to treat not only pain but arthritic conditions, multiple sclerosis, and other health woes. Other practitioners treat high blood pressure, asthma, hearing loss, and even premenstrual syndrome with bee venom.
    OK then name 10 percent of the 50. That would be 5 doctors. And by doctors, I mean someone with an actual MD after their name.

Clifton O. Bingham, III, MD, Baltimore
    S. Louis Bridges, Jr., MD, PhD, Birmingham
    Richard Bucala, MD, PhD, New Haven
    Richard Loeser, MD, Winston-Salem
    Timothy McAlindon, MD, MPH, MRCP, Boston
    Rosalind Ramsey-Goldman, MD, DrPH, Chicago
    Antony Rosen, MB ChB, BSc, Baltimore
    Daniel Solomon, MD, MPH, Boston
    Fredrick M. Wigley, MD, Baltimore

A lot of people have studied bee venom. Do any of the doctors listed above have publish papers concluding that bee venom therapy is beneficial?

And, speaking of Charles Mraz, there is a very interesting book on some of his 60+ years of practicing bee venom therapy on others. He was very involved in discussions, etc. with researchers, doctors, etc. regarding BVT. Some of the doctors he connected with years ago did treat patients with bee venom. They are mentioned by name in the book, "Health and the Honey Bee" by Charles Mraz. It is an interesting read and I highly recommend it. There are medical doctors and personnel that are also associated with the American Apitherapy Society. I believe there are quite a few more than 50 doctors that use BVT on others. It is gaining acceptance in this country.

I successfully used BVT on my carpal tunnel and asthma symptoms. I was bad with wheezing and squeaking 24/7 and opted not to go on medication. Had some limited benefit to a broken joint also.

One of the ingredients in the bee venom that helps with arthritis is hyaluronic acid. You can buy hyaluronic acid at amazon.com in capsules as a supplement. I have been using it for over a year and it has made a big difference for me. You may want to give it a try. 100mg is the normal dose and it will work within 2 weeks. It's worse a try. There is one slight side effect, which will go away after one week. A slight headache just like the one from a bee sting. Your body gets used to the product and it stops after a week. Doctors also use the medical version of hyaluronic acid as injections into the joints. I get this one into my knees, instead of cortisone. Works really good, only the insurance does not like it due to the high cost. Anyway the supplement cost about 14 dollars for one months at www.amazon.com Give it a try, either it works within 2 weeks or it wont.

I'm not a medical professional, and only speak from my experience. Thought I may add this. If in question ask your doctor.
    Last edited by Katharina; 09-23-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Klamath Basin Beekeepers Association: www.klamathbeekeepers.org
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/kbbafb/

FI,
    If your get some plans I would love to look at them too.
    Thanks
    Old Guy in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Katharina View Post
    You can buy hyaluronic acid at amazon.com in capsules as a supplement. I have been using it for over a year and it has made a big difference for me. You may want to give it a try. 100mg is the normal dose and it will work within 2 weeks. It's worse a try. There is one slight side effect, which will go away after one week. A slight headache just like the one from a bee sting. Your body gets used to the product and it stops after a week. Doctors also use the medical version of hyaluronic acid as injections into the joints. I get this one into my knees, instead of cortisone. Works really good, only the insurance does not like it due to the high cost. Anyway the supplement cost about 14 dollars for one months at www.amazon.com Give it a try, either it works within 2 weeks or it wont.

I'm not a medical professional, and only speak from my experience. Thought I may add this. If in question ask your doctor.
    Not singling you out, Katharina, the above post just illustrated the point I was going to make:

Typical American thinking is we need to wait till the active ingredient is isolated and synthesized before we'll accept it as a valid treatment. WHY?????
    Brian

They do not synthesize hyaluronic acid. It is naturally present in our joints. When we don't make it anymore we have pain symptoms, because the bones start to rub on each other. Now lets say where it comes from in those supplements. You eat chicken right? When they cull them they end up with tons of heads. Their waddles are 90% filled with hyaluronic acid, and that is what they use to make the supplement. That is also what they use to make the injections from. They sell the injections under the trade name of Synvisc One and Supartz. Only the shots cost 900 bucks each and are injected directly where needed, where they last 3-9 months before you need another shot. Cortisone shots last 2-4 month and cost only 30 bucks. See what the insurance likes more? Anyway the supplement is used orally and goes into the entire body. My knees were so bad I was only able to walk for 5 minutes. MRC revealed category 4 knees and a partially torn ligament. All from a bad hiking accident 15 years ago. I stated the usual supplements of chondroitin and glucosamine. They did nothing for me. Then I found out about the hyaluronic acid and thought heck lets try that. I did not expect it do much for me since the other stuff didn't work. I was surprised when it started to worked. I was back to walk for one hour with the supplement alone. I now also get the Synvisc One injections and I'm back to 3 hours of light hiking. The interesting part is that the hyaluronic acid is the part in the bee venom. Only you will need lots of stings to get the equivalent. In Europe they have been giving bee venom injections for those pains for years, only that it is extremely hard to find this stuff here. Doctors in the US are not to familiar with it either. I'm all for using bee venom. I just wanted to give another option to trying to extracting venom.
    Klamath Basin Beekeepers Association: www.klamathbeekeepers.org
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/kbbafb/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast