Default Mann Lake - Customer Service

Just a small order, and not a lot of money involved but they could not have handled my issue any better and I wanted to let everyone know that their customer service is amazing. I called their California branch and ordered several boxes of containers for pickup since a friend was going up and offered to bring back anything I needed. As soon as he took the boxes out of his truck I could see something was wrong from the shape of two of the boxes. Couldn't have been what I ordered, and sure enough after looking at the invoice we saw that they likely transposed a number somewhere along the line and sent the wrong item. I called to see what we could do a couple of days later when I had a chance, and since I hadn't originally paid for shipping my hope was that they'd take my order for the correct containers and work with me on the cost of shipping since it would have added over 50% to my cost, then give me an RMA for the return of the mistakes.

I had little to worry about. They immediately said they'd send the correct items at no cost to me and ship them at their expense, and insisted I keep the incorrect items. I thanked them for the offer but said I would be happy to return the first boxes. Nope. They wouldn't hear of it. On top of all this, they used expedited shipping and I had the correct items before 11am the very next morning. I told my wife I thought I was in a time warp because that sort of treatment so rarely happens these days.

A big public "Thank You" to Mann Lake!

Default Re: Mann Lake - Outstanding Customer Service

agree with
    Honeydew

x2
    Similar experience!

I couldn't agree with you more. We are truly blessed to have Dadant and Mann Lake out here in CA.

I'm happy with Dadant in Paris - but I don't think they have Hopguard... hmmm Glad Mann Lake is good, because I will have to order soon.
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

I give Mann Lake high marks too. They messed up an order, but corrected it quickly and pleasantly.

Gotta love the free shipping!!!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Default Re: Mann Lake - Customer Service

That's what you get when you have an employee run company. Jack and Betty Thomas are the kind of people that lead by example. I'm just a hobbiest bee keeper but Mann Lake will always get my business and any newbies starting out are always refered to this wonderfull company.

Default Mann Lake Great Service

I had a order with Mann Lake California that did not get shipped. I contacted them a week later and they said they would check on it.
    They contacted me and apologized and shipped the order free of charge. They more than made it right for me. Thank you Mann Lake you will have my business.

Default Re: Mann Lake Great Service

Mann Lake has awesome customer service, and are very quick to ship as well. I swear, the only way they can get any better is if I ordered the items, walked out to the apiary and they were installed already!!LOL

Need to break out the card and order a few more things soon!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

I just ordered 200 frames last Friday, (Dec.9) and instead of their usual 4 business day transit time, they were here on Monday the 12th. Unbelievable they would ship that out same day on a Friday.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

If we order by 3 pm from the Woodland store we get it about 10 am the following day. Always good for a laugh when I complain to the UPS driver for such slow service.

I have always had good luck with them. I just bought a hive from them a couple of weeks ago.They never let me know when it ships but just as I get ready to call, UPS knocks on the door. They have a good thing I hope they don't change it.
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

Beehonest, I would bet if you asked for a tracking number they would email it to you when shipped.

I'm with Thermwood. Just placed an order and there is a box you check to receive a tracking number.

I am sure they would, I usualy check the box for the email notification. It worked one time but that's it, I think it's just the system has issues. That is what I meant, just before I get ready to call to see if it shipped, UPS is there. They are top notch and thier stuff is quality. I have dealt with several companies and they are by far my favorite!
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.

I ordered some frames, foundation and other gear from the MN store on December 20 and it arrived on the 22nd. One box of foundation was on back order and it just arrived yesterday. The entire transaction occurred just like you would want it to.

The free shipping is awesome! I am always amazed how fast they get my order to me. Haven't had an issue needing to contact customer service which is a testimony in itself!

Mike
    Beekeeper? Shoot, my bees keep me!
    100 hives in Western Wa State