Default Leaving super on over winter?

I'm in southeastern michigan and weather has been changing to fall over the last week. I still have supers on all of my hives but I'm worried that my bottom deep isn't full enough. The girls are working the golden rod real hard and the supers are 50 to 75% full. I'm thinking of leaving the supers on over winter to bring their total honey stores up. Is it recommended to feed now while there still bringing in the golden rod or should I wait until that bloom is over?

Default Re: Leaving super on over winter?

If you have excluders in, pull them.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Mark, what should I do with or how should I treat the uncapped honey? Do I extract it and feed it back to them or extract and dry? No I don't have excluders in.

How much is yet uncapped? Can you shake nectar out of the combs? Were these hives mine, I would extract them. Then do w/ the honey what seemed best. I don;t feed bees honey. I did too much work to steal it from them.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

How heavy is your top brood box. I have two hives now with 2 brood boxes each, no supers on. my top brood boxes have 70lbs in one and almost 80 in the other. its to late in the season now to put on a super. bees can take all. my tummy can wait till next year.