Default Fermented honey??

What does fermented honey look, taste and smell like? The lastbatch I extracted has crystalized, almost ccreamed itself. This happened over about a week of packaging it. It smells like honey. But I am concerned it may be fermenting. Please help. This would be a expensive mistake.

Default Re: Fermented honey??

Is it in a jar? Fermenting honey will expand, some remaining liquid, and push out of the top/cap. The smell will be kinda funky. Reliquify it, it should be ok. Just sounds like it has granulated, and not fermented.
    Regards,
    Steven
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

Honey that is totally crystallized won't ferment. Fermentation occurs in honey that has a high moisture content, whereas crystallized honey has a low moisture content. Check out these pictures of uncapped honey that has fermented. Some of the honey wasn't capped by the bees, probably because the moisture content was still too high. Airborne yeast land in the watery honey and cause it to ferment. When the water content is low, the yeast can't survive in the honey. See photos at http://www.honeybeesuite.com/uncappe...g-in-the-comb/

All that said, I have seen honey that stratified in the jar where there were crystals in the bottom of the jar and fermented honey in the top. That is unusual, though. I think your honey has probably just crystallized.

Rusty

I am fighting a sinis infection so I can't taste anything properly to tell if it tastes funny. I hope it is just crystalized. Thanks for the photo. Definitely does nor look like that

Rusty, thanks for the link.
    Rmns 1:16/Prv.3:5,6/ Beegan BK May 09/ Zone 5b
    I have NOT failed. I have only found many many ways that do not work!