Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Where's the $ in beekeeping?

She'd make more sales. "sell the sizzle, not the steak" (my writing tutor)
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Someone above mentioned making honey candy. One of my son's friends has a pecan orchard that formerly made some extra cash. He is from an old Czheck family, and they know how to cook really good, artery clogging candy and Kolaches. He started producing and selling pecan candies, and now he has a full time business. So many people came to the farm to buy candy, that he put up a small barbeque business to feed customers. One has to be innovative, and take the bull by the horns.

Although a large operation, hard worker, and great beekeeper Dave Mendes in not the largest, there are quite a few much bigger than he is.
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

Someone wrote:

There are no full time beekeepers employing 100's of people on a regular basis.

Round numbers, 800 hives per beekeeper, and 80,000 hives is 100 beekeepers employed by Richard Adee, so yes, someone may employ 100's (one) of beekeepers.

Crazy Roland