Hi all, I think Monte Python put it best:

"Now for something completely different"

Follow the honey is a new honey specialty store in Harvard Square (right across Mass Ave from the university). We were part of their grand opening on National Honey Bee Day...it is a beautiful store, and the people involved are great.

Mary (the owner) asked me if I'd like to perform at the first "Cirque de Miel". Music has been on the backburner for us lately, but I've played a lot of crazy gigs (giant rave inside the brooklyn bridge for about 3000 kids, electro-acoustic ambient music in a cave in upstate NY, planetariums, psychedelic music festivals, pirate radio station in London, etc)....but this looks like it might be out there!

I'll be doing a (10min) "meditation on a swarm". I have a short audio loop of a swarm buzzing around Kirk Webster's house which I'll be working into some kind of ambient soundscape with synth and wind contoller (a synthesizer for a saxphone player instead of a piano player), and I'll project some footage of working with Dee's bees on me while I play (probably no screen so the video will be more like bee-themed abstract lighting than a video). Given the description of the other entertainment, I'm trying to get someone to dress up like a cigarette girl and give out tastes of honey (from Kirk's bees, where the swarm sound comes from, and from Dee's bees in the yard where the video was shot)..."taste-o-vision" (or "tastearound").

We have been working hard...it's nice to have a chance to play some music and go crazy

http://www.cluboberon.com/events/cir...-seanna-sharpe

Doors open 7:30 Arrow Street to the beat of Bee Man Group [Soundscapers] leading us into mystic hive illuminated by local luminaries buzzing forth to draw out honeycomb; beekeeper synth weaver Dean Stiglitz "Meditation On A Swarm", Cambridge Populist Poet Toni Bee “honeylaced” words, Berkeley honed Mobtet jazz swinging horns ecstatic vocals honey ode, Soundscapers "To Feed or Not to Feed" bard & drum, playwright Debbie Weiss "The Beekeeper's Wife's Lament", golden modern dance moves of Harvard alum Catherine Musinsky, shapeshifter thesbian Wren Wross and more unexpected sweets from our community, all honeybee-centric, of course!

Cooking up a night of slightly naughty celestial and earthbound honey mayhem ~ Follow The Honey celebrates the opening of her local store presenting the first "Cirque de Miel".

Headlining our sticky night of nectar is "virgin queen ascendant" SEANNA SHARPE [notorious for her recent flight atop Williamsburg Bridge!] and Cambridge native, global "drone" composer extraordinaire, NATTI VOGEL, whose forthcoming record “Let Bloom” features first-ever dance remix of a polytonal art song, produced in collaboration with Balkan Beat Box’s DJ Joro-Boro.

“It’s not hard to imagine New Yorker Natti Vogel throwing your own overpriced cosmopolitan in your face from behind his piano. Vogel pairs his playfully menacing
cabaret melodies with plenty of fun and whimsy...yet, Vogel’s tunes also carry a romantic yearning to get away from all that stuff." - the Onion

"Chanson du Miel", nicknamed "Cannibal", is an ode to nectar, a serenade to the sweet and sticky. Seanna Sharpe is ready for the rumors; "It's a strange piece of choreography," she says of her collaboration with composer Natti Vogel. "It's sensual...shocking...sculptural...but above all, it is natural, a wild, animal exploration of tactile sensation and movement." The act includes Mexican (rope) cloud swing, flight, dancing bees, and a classical string quartet, all set to the sing-song musings of two cannibalistic rising stars. It is also a hail to hymenoptera, the virginally labeled lace-wings that include bees, wasps, and hornets. The complex social structure of the honeyed hive-mind has led scientists to label such assemblages superorganisms, bodies of bodies capable of communication through scent-sations, creative choreographies, and pheremonal promulgation. Like faeries, feral bees are virtually extinct in the United States.

When she flies, people forget everything they thought they knew about impossible." - The New York Times

$15 and on sale now at www.cluboberon.com