Please follow me as this is a serious question, and I'm being long winded about it.
Here's the thing. I'm in my mid-30's, am a new beekeeper as of this past spring, and have been stung multiple times by everything OTHER than honeybees.
As a child, growing up in Kentucky, I often ran around bare footed in the grass, and encountered plenty of stinging critters, but have never been stung by a honeybee! When I was in my early teens I was stung around 16 times by bumblebees, and was completely fine! Don't ask how it happened. Let's just say I ran, and my little brother didn't! The cruel things we do as children.
Anyway, in speaking it over with my mother this evening I found out that I have NEVER been stung by a honeybee. Would it be possible for me to harbor an allergy to honey bees that I did not have for other stinging insects? Even though I have been stung by bumblebees, wasps, and hornets, and lived to tell ... could it be possible that honey bees have a different allergic response than all of the others?
I have an epipen on hand that was prescribed by my doctor, but I got it in the rare case that I was stung multiple times! Thinking back ..... I've never been stung by honey bees!
Should I be ok in assuming that I am not severely allergic to honeybee stings since I have been stung by OTHER insects?