Default qustion about prosweet

Hey everyone! Bees weren't looking so good... now they're doing great! They have two deeps filled out, and just put a medium on each hive. Do you think they'll get it filled out in time before minnesota's winter?
    But my main question is about prosweet. We are thinking of buying it instead of making sugar syrup. First of all, is it even better? If we buy extra now, will it keep good over winter so i can feed it next spring?

Default Re: qustion about prosweet

I don't know anything about the product, but I thought I throw this in. You need some kind of preservative whenever a feed come in liquid form. Most likely already mixed in at the factory. Plus shipping may add up. Not sure how much you need or how many hives you have. I'm sure you have done the math. I stick to sugar and HBH (or similar) with the few hives I have.
    Klamath Basin Beekeepers Association: www.klamathbeekeepers.org
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/kbbafb/

Ty for your help! I forgot to add in we have two hives, and our goal is to get 1 medium on each hive filled out (ontop of the 2 deep's filled out alredy) for over wintering.

The Minnesota winter will keep it fresh if left in an unheated place with enough space in the top that it doesn't blow the top off. I too was wondering about its qualities, particularly since I read somewhere that the bees don't have to dry it down - that they store it as is. Can anyone verify that?