Default checked on new hive today

im new and checked on my first hive today. My hive came with five deep frames of bees and a shallow super of drawn comb. When I checked them today they about 7 frames with brood and the supper was full of honey with half capped. I also noticed the number of bees seems to have doubled in the last two weeks with a bunch of small bees. I have been feeding them 1:1 sugar. So my question is do I add a deep with foundation, keep feeding and let them draw it out or do I buy another super with drawn comb and let them fill it, they have stopped taking the sugar water so that means maybe a flow? Any help would be great.

Default Re: checked on new hive today

Are your bees in a full hive body with a supper?
    You said you started with 5 frames?
    If you have a full brood box, add another.

My bees are in a deep. I got five frames from a hive a guy had started. Now they have drawn out frame 7 on one side but nothing on 8 and 10. I also got a shallow super that was full of drawn comb which is now full of honey or sugar water. I was wondering if i should put my nnext deep of foundation on or wait until spring.

Anyone have any ideas? I am worried about giving them too much room this late in the year with the shb and wax moths. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sounds like they're running out of storage room which might make them start working down below storing honey and building out the last frames. You could slip a medium super in there...they could use it for brood if they needed. If nothing else, you might end up with a super of drawn comb to use later on.

Ed

ETA: The medium wouldn't be as much territory for the bees to have to cover.