Default New queen not laying

I was wondering, I have two hives with queens and I do not see any brood, could it be that we are at the end of a flow waiting for golden rod?

Default Re: New queen not laying

Im wondering the same and thinking that the answer is yes....my new pol-line queen came back from mating and took over the split I had made and killed the queen in it that had been laying well.They are different colors so yep she was the victor and while I have a few eggs in there its very very few eggs so I figure its the dearth here,but I did see golden rod bloomed here so Im a little concerned about it.

I sure hope that's whats happening up here in MN too. I had a hive that was going gang busters last time I looked (3 weeks ago) Then yesterday I did an inspection. Very random brood, some capped, some larva, but I didn't see any eggs. To be honest I'm not great at spotting them yet. So I had a queen only a couple days before the inspection. My main concern was the number of queen cells. There were 2-3 on each frame. Some open, some capped, some high on the frame, some low, kind of a mix. I'm just gonna give 'em a week and see if there is any change by next week.

Wax, you may want to take a closer look. The way you describe those cells, and this time of year, I imagine those are supercedure cells, to replace a queen the hive has decided is failing.
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

That was my thought. I went through both deeps and every frame looked the same. Spotty brood with varying stages of brood. My initial thought was that it was due to Carnies tendancy for strong buildup and decrease in brood based on nectar sources.
    The two things that made me scratch my head were the number of queen cells. (again in varying stages from open to sealed) and an apparant increase in the number of drones. It seemed that there were quite a few more drones than I remembered seeing in previous inspections.
    I figured I'd wait a week and see how things are going. My tendancy would be to allow them to develop their own queen. But I'm tempted to go back in today just to see how things are going.