Default Wired foundation without hooks

Will wired foundation without hooks work in split bottom frames? Decided I would take advantage of the free shipping from Mann lake and ordered some med frames with split bottoms and 25lbs of foundation with hooks, but I was sent foundation without hooks. Have never ordered from them before, just Walter kellys. I must say after comparing frames between the two I prefer the Kelly frames.

Default Re: Wired foundation without hooks

I would call MannLake and make arrangements to return the foundation you received and have the foundation with wired hooks sent. The hooks help hold the foundation in the frame. I know in the past when I have had trouble getting the foundation with hooks to hang straight in the frame I have cut the hook off and tried to use the wedge to hold the foundation up. I have never gotten this to work. I would return it and get what you originally ordered. Other wise it could be more headache than you want.

Dave

not sure if your top bars are grooved or split. with split and hooks sometimes this distorts the fdn causing it to bow. we prefer with out hooks. go ahead and use the fdn they sent. waste of time to exchange. once the fdn is drawn out you will not know the difference.

The bees have fixed enough of my foundation troubles.

If you cross wire your frames and embed the wires in the foundation you will have no trouble. The cross wires and the wedge will support the foundation until it is anchored to the frame.