Default spam ? What's the angle?

I got two, almost identical e-mails and they smell much like spam. Anyone else see these?

Here's what they say:

Hello

We want to inquire for practical beekeeping farming lessons,swarm removal and training for some clients .The lessons will start from the 15th of October and end by the 31st .Let me know of the availability, the time table for the the lessons as well as the cost for the entire training and lesson timetable package.

Regards

Charles Vox
    EjykeVentures and Consults

And then this one came in:

Hello Sir/Madam,

We want to inquire for practical beekeeping farming lessons,swarm removal and training for some clients .The lessons will start from the 15th of October and end by the 31st .Let me know of the availability, the time table for the the lessons as well as the cost for the entire training and lesson timetable package.

Regards

John Andrews
    Beekeeping With Twenty-five Hives: https://www.createspace.com/4152725

Default Re: spam ? What's the angle?

Very interesting. After receiving 3 of those, I asked for more information. This is the reply that I got.

Hello Mary,
    Thank you for the update.Kesventures is a consultancy firm based in the UK and we have been charged with providing beekeeping services for our clients coming to Virginia and that is why we have contacted you.The lessons will be held in your locality and you will provide the lesson venue.You will also have to show them practical beekeeping lessons,swarm removal and we expect that you draw up a program for the lessons which will start on the 15th and last for two weeks.They are 10 clients and are all females.Let me know if you can handle this as well as the total costs for the lessons and your services.

Regards,

John Andrews
    +447556586762

However, I see that you are in MO. Now, I am wondering what this is all about. I did reply that I could not do this.

Wink Re: spam ? What's the angle?

Ten clients, all females? How old? Over 18? I might be interested.

yep, I got the same message.
    I charge $289.00/head for enrollment.
    That should cut out the middleman!
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

THat is only 28.90/day over the course of the 10 days. That is cheap in any economy.

i got the same email and response, i'm based in Ireland and listed as an officer of one of the Irish beekeeping associations.

I couldn't be bothered to go along with the scam to learn how exactly what they do, but usually what happens in these circumstances is that they pay with an international bankers check, which due to the fictional circumstances they explain, is made out for more than the agreed amount. You happily deposit what you think is a legitimate international bank draft (cashier's check may be another name for it) and send them the difference. Then they disappear, and about 2 weeks later your bank informs you that the bank draft was counterfeit and your deposit evaporates!

Mike (Co Wicklow, Ireland)

My **ASSUMPTION** is that it would turn into a typical money laundering scheme. If it's 25k, I'll send you 35k cashier's check (or whatever fraudulent payment) to ensure all up front costs are covered. Please deposit the remaining funds in my xxx account.

**OR**

Since this person was a middle man that has found 25k worth of business they might want an up front deposit for 10%.

I've been getting the same emails. I figured they were just some elaborate phishing scam. -James