Default Queen not laying many eggs???

This is my first year beekeeping and I have one hive and got it the 2nd week in May. To start off with, my queen was laying extremely well. Lots of bee, lots of comb built out. Currently I have one large hive with 10 frames, all frames drawn out and about 4 or 5 of them full of honey and nectar. I also have a small honey super that's about 60% drawn out and 3 frames completely full of honey. But my queen has slowed down dramatically in her laying. Is this normal for this time of year. The center frames of he hive where there were hundreds of capped brood, is mostly empty now. There are still a few patches of capped brood, but I see very few larvae in any of the other cells. Any my eyes just aren't good enough to see the eggs and today I forgot my glasses and magnifying glass. But I did see a few larvae and I did see the queen. I live in northeast Alabama. Is this normal behavior for a queen in this region, in this heat and this time of year. I'm not sure if I have a problem or not. thanks in advance for any help advice with this.

Default Re: Queen not laying many eggs???

As a first year beekeeping still learning I guess the only problem is the dog days of summer. Only a guess.

Ive got this too worried about shb moving in.Im feeding hopeing it will get her laying.I posted titled advice hope it works out for u.

If the nectar has stopped so usually will the queen and you don't want that so start feeding, you want as many young winter bees as possible as they are physically different than spring and summer bees...
    Honeydew

It's just a dearth. The queen adjusts the amount that she lays in accordance with what is coming in... this way there are less mouths to feed when there is less food available... depending on exact forage around your apiary, you may have a fall flow... that is the time that she will rev up and produce the brood that will populate the hive during winter... being your first year, I would suggest marking this time down on your calendar and start feeding... when they stop taking the feed, you know you are in a flow, so mark that time on your calendar as well... hope this helps.

Some races of bees (like Russian) are known for their tendency (some would say ability) to shut down brood rearing in a dearth.
    Master Beekeeper (EAS) and Master Gardener (U Maine CE) www.beeberrywoods.com

Thanks for all the replies. I feel better now.