I believe this was the one virgin queen that I accidentally killed when I was looking through the frames I was giving to the split in which I put my caged queen. She was the only one laid in box three, in the end of a not-fully-drawn frame, with no protrusion whatsoever to mark her as a developing queen. I only slid my hive tool through it because I found the structure of the comb suspicious.

Poor gal-- she was moving around before I took this picture. My mother couldn't stand it and drowned her in honey. Everyone thought I had been very cruel, but had I known she was there, I might have been able to nuc her, but I really was just getting rid of all suspicious comb just to be on the safe side. Here's proof on why when you're going a split with a caged queen, you really need to look over those frames.