Thread: Pictures

Default Pictures

Ok, so I didn't take pictures during the 2 cut-outs. I didn't want to smear honey all over my camera. Here though, is the hole that I took the 1st colony from...It's about 2'x3'. It looks small because it's about 15' up.

This is the ladder and scaffold that I'm using. You can see the hole between the cross braces where I removed the 2nd colony. The third colony is between the light fixture on the right and the scaffold.

Here is a closer look at the third colony, bearding on the boards below the entrance.

Default Re: Pictures

This is the 1st colony a day after being moved into a man-made hive. It takes about 3 days for them to all fit inside.

This is two hives already at the farm, that I'm relocating to my new apiary site.

Very nice Judy. I love the view in the last pic.

Russell, I do too. I can't wait to move there! We are going to re-work the old granary into our new home. I'll be able to look out of the window and see my hives.

We just finished this arbor. I bought it off Craigslist as a pergola, but I think it turned out well. We'll have another with grapes near the apiary.

Very nice pics. We can see out hives from the windows. We find ourselves leaving binoculars at three windows - go figure.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!