Default New Beekeeper in NE Georgia

Hi, I'm Jamie. I live on a 150 acre beef cattle farm. My grandfather kept bees and sold honey when i was young and so I've wanted to get into bees for a few years now. Our farm sits in the middle of several thousand acres of pines and hardwoods with no houses nearby. With a EQIP grant from the usda a few years ago, I interplanted several varities of clover in our 135 acres of fields so I thought bees would have a field day here. I installed my two packages May 1st and after losing a queen and also losing a lot of bees because of a poor hive top feeder float design (Thanks brushy mountain), I combined my two hives about a month ago and things are looking good so far. I'm amazed by this little rascals and am considering enrolling at uga to study them since i live close to Athens (North High Shoals). I'm looking for a club to join and hoping to find knowledgeable keepers around me. I would love to eventually develop this into a sideline business to my grass fed beef.

Default Re: New Beekeeper in NE Georgia

Welcome Jamie!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Default Re: New Beekeeper in NE Georgia

Good luck from a newbee in central Virginia, it seems you have the perfect ideal site for bees and large golden honey flows.