Default Help identifying 2 bees

We have a several lavender bushes in our yard that are not only covered in honeybees but several alternative pollinators. I recognize many of them, but I'm having a hard time identifying 2. Hopefully my photos are enough to help identify them.

The first looks almost tiger striped and is very mellow. Keeps to itself. Approximately 1/2 larger than a honeybee.

Default Re: Help identifying 2 bees

The next is more interesting... It hovers horizontally, and spends about 80% of it's time crashing into other bees and knocking them off the flowers. The other 20% it sits on the flowers. Looks almost metallic.

Right before crashing into a honeybee:

Nice pics.

Both bees are leafcutter bees (Megachilidae), as evidenced by the thick pollen scoops (=scopa) on the underside of the abdomen. I think the second one in particular is the wool carder bee, Anthidium manicatum, an introduced species well known for bullying other bees at flowers.

I second Alex's ID definitely a leafcutter and a carder bee.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help. Neat little bees; they are absolutely fascinating to watch!

So Megachilidae gather pollen on their abdomen instead of their legs? Very neat.