Last week a friend told me he had several medium supers with frames that he'd come across on a farm. He warned me the boxes and frames were "a little rough"
I told him to bring them by and I'd take a look.
Well two of the boxes were lost causes and went right to the curb. The other two boxes were good enough to try and clean up and I was able to find about 15 frames i thought I could use.
Well, the last time I had such brutal frames I did the standard scrape with the a hive tool and frame cleaner then used a small desktop belt sander to clean them up. All that did was foul up several sander belts (goo thing they were cheap) and took quite a bit of time.
I did a quick scrape and cleaned the slotted bottoms then looked around for something other than the sander. Some thing that would knock the junk off without getting all fouled. Then it hit me... I ran to the hardware and bought a $4 wire brush that would fit my small grinder. It worked like a dream...