Default trap out becoming a headache ......

the bees in this trapout have moved comfortably into their new hive ....... however , they have destroyed (emptied ) both frames of brood and torn up the queen cells that i had originally put into the brood box .....They have filled every available cell in those 2 frames with honey along with building out new comb on the rest of the frames i had put in this box and filling most of them with honey ..... i HAD been slightly feeding this bunch, well , i am stopping that ........ but what to do next ? ...... my plan is order a new queen , get another 2 frames of brood from other hives ,put them in the middle so the new queen will have some place to lay if she is inclined ..... i think i will pull 2 frames of uncapped honey and stand it near my other hives for them to rob and put in empty frames (undrawn) and i have already put a honey super on top ..... will let this bunch release the queen and i hope it takes some time .... thoughts ?

Default Re: trap out becoming a headache ......

why don't you do the exact same thing as before but within a short timeframe close it all off, move it as if it were a new hive more than a few miles away and put yet another box of empty but drawn frames right back the way you have it and see if they respond to that by filling it up... dave

thought about moving it too ....... just hadn't decided ...... but sounds like good advice

Use frames of very young larvae or eggs. They will build their own Q-cells and raise the brood. They did what would be expected with capped brood and Q-cells from the start.