Default Ray Revis experience

I lost a queen on a russian package that I installed 6 weeks ago. This was nobody's fault (except for maybe mine). I tried to reach the apiary in Parrotsville, TN that I had bought the package from but no response. I gave Ray a call in Marion, NC. Ray was very helpful. I drove out the same day and picked up a Russian queen from his certified genetic stock. Ray was very helpful, pleasant and informative. I will be doing some more business with him in the future.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas J.

Default Re: Ray Revis experience

Well, there's an older thread concerning Mr. Revis, but I don't want to go looking for it.
    I bought 2 nucs this spring, and they've been great bees! Then my strongest hive superseded their queen, and Ray replaced the queen, no charge. I made a split with that queen and we'll see what those queen cells do. He actually encouraged me to make the split. I am very excited to see how this queen lays and what colour bees she'll make!
    I agree with TNBeek-- I will be doing more business with him in the future! You just got to love these bees!
    Russians have gotten a bad rap around her recently, but Revis Russians seem to be an entirely different breed compared to what I keep hearing.
    4.5 hives of Italians. 2 seasons of experience. And you-- yes, you! You're my mentor!

Default Re: Ray Revis experience

Update: we lost both Russian hives the following spring to varroatosis and failure to thrive, even with treatment in fall with apilife var per instructions. These Russians were ornery, aggressive, unpleasant, and seemed to have no way to compete with other bugs, including mites and ants. I started all over in spring 2012 with Italian bees and haven't looked back. I can genuinely say the Russian experience is a failure.
    4.5 hives of Italians. 2 seasons of experience. And you-- yes, you! You're my mentor!