Default Legal Issues and Apitherapy

Hello All,

I'm a home health Nurse. My wife is a personal injury Attorney. After reading about Apitherapy I was very interested in developing a client base on my days off to go out to peoples homes to help them. I talked with my wife about this, pumped with excitement to be honest. I hate to rain on anybodies parade but she has done everything she can to talk me out of it. She doesnt want me to go anywhere near the idea. She says there is a number of ways an attorney can come after you. "What if I just deliver the bees" I said, her reply is that "you are facilitating" and they still can come after you. I'm posting this information because I am trying to help......... I am toying with different ways I can still see patients and be legally protected, I will report back my findings. Maybe through insurance. But, make sure it has legal representation as part of the coverage.

One other problem.....In medicine, controlled dosages is very important. One of the 5 "rights" in nursing is right dosage. There isnt any way to regulate the amount of venom being delivered.
    Last edited by Ezra; 07-05-2011 at 08:16 PM.

Default Re: Legal Issues and Apitherapy

Listen to your Wife!
    Old Guy in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by jrbbees View Post
    Listen to your Wife!
    Well, let's see, you've talked to an attorney numerous times. Sounds like you've been getting good legal council on the matter. The problem is you're not listening
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

You might want to check on what apitherapists do to protect themselves. I believe legal issues are covered as part of the Charles Mraz Apitherapy Conference.
    Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Anyone practicing Bee Venom Therapy should proceed at their own risk.