Default no brood in trap-out, what to do

I did a trap-out on a bee tree about 7 weeks ago. We went and retrieved the box today and brought it home. When we got home I checked it and can't find any brood or eggs. I guess they didn't raise a queen from the eggs I originally put in there, or something happened on her mating flight. My question is do I have enough time to introduce a frame of eggs and let them raise a new queen, or do I need to order a queen. Or is it a lost cause and I should just combine them with an existing hive?

Default Re: no brood in trap-out, what to do

7 weeks ago?
    I have not done a lot of trap outs but the ones I did in 2 or 3 days I had a box full and had to put another one there.
    Explain a little more what you did.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

I followed this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTqFbiaD_js

This was a bee tree, so I put the cone on and strapped a box right next to the entrance. I've got pictures at the end of this thread: http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...e-Fast-Removal

I put a frame with eggs and a few queen cells in the nuc box. The bees quickly moved into the nuc since they couldn't get back into their tree. From the video you're supposed to wait several weeks to make sure that all the brood in the tree has emerged and come out of the tree. There were never many bees around the tree so I'm guessing that it was a fairly small hollowed out area that the hive was in.

I checked several times to make sure that the bees weren't getting back into the tree, and that they weren't overflowing the box. Other than that I just gave them time.

If you have no queen now I would order one. Jim
    Stop and smell the flowers, 50,000 ladies can't be wrong
    Bsweetapiary@aol.com